Voter Supression hits home?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, May 20, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The illusion is promoted by the fact nobody is supposed to talk about it, nobody is supposed to act as if its real, nobody is supposed to crack jokes and laugh at the Emperor's New Cloths. I am a linguist who makes Wittgenstein look lame. Humor is not only infectious, but can be made self-organizing and growing like a living organism. People are so stupid, its easy to make them laugh, requiring the self-organizing memory centric systems logic of a flock of chickens. The Three Stooges are famous for many things, but seeing the punch lines coming is not one of them, which is why they insist humor is meaningless.

My tradition is 12,000 years old, all within the public domain, and so mathematical billions of people around the world know immediately which poems and jokes are best. It is still wildly popular today in signs hung all over Asia with tongue in cheek jokes and the most popular comic book. I am updating and automating our tradition, and hoping to get the interest of every Jewish producer in Hollywood and on Broadway. The lead characters are Goldilocks Murphy and Moses, Neo-Nazi Barbie, Dr Strangelove, Velvet Elvis and Velvet Jesus, and Gonzo the Muppet. Believe it or not, people around the world love these characters, and recently decided Q from Star Trek is in there as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Most likely it is a scam. However, knowing how the Repugnant party likes to screw with voter's rights, I would not be surprised if someone in the voter registration office has changed your party affiliation. Go to the polls. If you are not listed as a Democrat, file a complaint with the election officer there. Follow up with an official complaint to the state election office. Then go to your voter registration office and register as a Democrat.

For the next election, check your registration status before the registration deadline.

3. wooleeheron

Making the entire system look corrupt is what the republican party is all about. The minute anyone believe the US government can actually be trusted, they no longer have a party.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So I was wrong there was (is) a special election in the 12th Congressional district (my district) in which you could vote for either a Republican or a Democrat no matter what party you belong to.

There may have been other special elections somewhere in the state but i don't know about them.

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The purpose of a primary is to select party nominees for the general election. The reason for closing the primary to non-party members is that why should independents and particularly members of opposing parties be able to help select a party's candidate? In open primaries, it would be possible for registered Republicans to "raid" the Democrats' primary (and vice versa) and support the weakest candidate--the better to beat said candidate in the general election.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Bicaptain My Captain and MeAgain like this.
  6. wooleeheron

Our glorious leader was a democrat who became a Neo-Nazis and was elected against the wishes of the republican party leaders. Americans have been voting for whoever advertises the most in both local and national elections for over twenty years. Saving republicans from democrats is impossible when nobody ever makes distinctions between the two except the KKK.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. Yep, it worked on Cantor!