Vote Kottonmouth Kings for Cover of High Times

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Stalkz, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

2. element7

element7 Random fool

They got my vote. It's about time.

3. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

wow, i just don't think KK sound that good, sure its cool that they sing about weed but i just think their music sounds cruddy

4. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

they should have kottonmouth kings an snoop on the cover smokin a bowl. or better yet a 28 gram blunt :p

5. thrawn

thrawn Member

Nah, If anything it should be Wylie Nelson. These other guys sing about drugs to sell records. Hes been doing that since 1958. He gets my vote.

6. modestsmoker

modestsmoker Member

kmk are not good music and just becuase they smoke we should like over everyone else

willie all the way

7. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

Willie def is an old school druggie.

He was doin the shit 'fore they had lighters

8. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

......So? So.. since he's old... he should win. Good logic.

And no, Kottonmouth Kings shouldn't win "because they smoke", they should (and will) win becuase they're awesome, and make great music.

9. thrawn

thrawn Member

Haha, Im sorry, but in no way can you compare Kottonmouth Kings to Wylie Nelson. Thats like comparing, (b/c were in the pot forums) America to Amsterdam. But, I guess I cant talk shit unless I sit down and listen to them, so I guess I will.

10. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

bet ya kottonmouth kings would vote for willie neilson for sure

11. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

Richter would.

Comparing countries is rediculous, and pointless. Amsterdam is great but as far as Americans and most other places are concerned it's just "The place where weed is legal". Woo hoo. I'm sure their herb is wonderful, but give any country the legal right to cultivate it, and theirs would be as well. As far as people are concerned, I've known a good amount of pretentious assholes from Amsterdam, and just as many from America.

I'm not trashing amsterdam, or propping america, because I hate America, and would LOVE to go to Amsterdam. I'm just sayin, that's a rather mean thing to say. Give any country the right to grow/smoke herb, they'll be nice happy fun people too.

12. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

HEY, ANY OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T HEARD KOTTONMOUTH KINGS AND WOULD LIKE TO!

It's come to my attention (what with peopel saying it) that some of you have never heard KMK. Here are my reccomendations (I concider myself a fine judge of music, IM me some time on AIM [MorphineMessiah or Teh Stalx0r OMG] and check out my Music folder [I'll let you if you IM me first]) (*** *** is just emphasis for a really dope song)

Reccomended Listenings:
    from the album Rollin' Stoned
    ***Positive Vibes***
    Float Away
    Living In Fear
    ***Waking Dream*** (quite an amazing composition)
    Light It Up
    Enjoy
    **Sleepers**

from the album High Society
    *******Peace Not Greed*********
    The Lottery
    ***King's Blend***
    **Crucial***

from the album Hidden Stash II: The Kream of The Krop
    ****Killa Kali****
    Tell Me Why
    New Destination

I won't go into the Saint Dog years here, if you like them you'll find out on your own...

13. electrictwist

electrictwist Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Who Else would it be? They rock

14. McJesus

McJesus Member

Peace not Greed is an amazingly awesome song. So, naturally, I tried listening to some of their other stuff and it sucked hard.

15. element7

element7 Random fool

Their music may not be for everyone. Interpretation of what is good and bad music is relative to the individual. More to the point is how they've lived I think. They have been representative of the cannabis culture for quite some time now. They're very outspoken about alot of issues surrounding legalization as well as the general propoganda thrown around about mj users. They've stayed true to their own course over ten years and still don't have a gold or platinum on the wall, so the idea that they're just doing it to sell records is ridiculous. They've caught a hell of a lot of heat over being out there and speaking out. I think they deserve a spot on the cover.

16. thrawn

thrawn Member

I compared America to Amsterdam for the sole reason of showing the diffrence (because were in the pot forums, and i thought it would be relevant) of imported shwag to artisticly cultivated primo. Ive been to amsterdam many times, and Im not one of those people who thinks its just a city of weed, its not at all. I was jsut kiddin around man. I listened to kottonmouth kings, and although there not my style, i can appreciate it.

17. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

18. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

My first concert was Willie so I'll be damned if id vote for anyone else. that one KK song where it goes imma smoke weed for the rest of my life sumthin sumthin smoking on a pipe is cool but the rest is crap IMO. But yeah i dont think they are out to just sell records. Why in the hell is ludacris in that? ive rarely heard him mention weed in his music, seriously, i can only recall the one line from stand up "we in a huddle all smoking that cheech and chong", which goes to show he isnt a marijuana figure head like kottonmouth kings, snoop, and willie.

19. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

haha ok, before lighters

even though lighters were a common use in WW1, so according to you willie must be like 100 years old now

20. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

What about Tangerine Sky? That song fuck'n rocks.