vote in a silly poll here.

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by nimh, May 18, 2004.

?

Is someone still a virgin if they've had oral sex, but not actual intercourse?

1. Yes, they're still a virgin.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope, they're not a virgin anymore.

60 vote(s)
    84.5%
  3. Maybe, i'm not sure.

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

is someone still a virgin if they've had oral sex but not actual intercourse?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

so, does oral sex not count as sex then? so far 8 people say that when someone has had oral sex, they're still a virgin.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Me, personally, I dont consider oral sex, sex...
    It is a sexual act and intimate as well..but i still dont cosiderate it sex...but that is just me and my opinion..

4. AOFpunker

AOFpunker Member

Well the way I finally looked at it is, think about Jailbait.... if a guy is over 18 and has sex with a girl who is under 18, then he will get punished because it a sexual act. But if he just givers her oral, nothing will happen. So, if our judicial system sees it this way, then it must be the most logical answer to that question. Personally, I feel the same way. Sex = penis in vagina.......nothionhg else.

5. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

I always thought of oral sex as foreplay...but for teenagersit just kinda ends there.. so yeah I voted you actually have to have sex to have sex...

6. Danielle

Danielle Member

i agree that sex = penis in vagina oral sex is more of 4 play the way i consider it thats it its not actual sex :) just my opinion but my opinion sounds like alot others

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hm, really?
    so to you, a gay man who has had lots of anal sex is still a virgin?

and back to oral sex, a person can still get all kinds of std's from having oral sex, so, if a person got a sexually transmitted disease from having oral sex, would you still consider them to be a virgin?

8. Danielle

Danielle Member

i think even if sum 1 got an STD orally they are still a virgin

9. serra

serra tentacle girl

i think sex has to involve... i don't know... "engorged organs thrusting together in the dark" is the only term i can really think of.

although, with lesbians i guess they aren't really "virgins" after they have done whatever it is that lesbians do (sorry, i don't know the right words! instead of saying the wrong thing i figured id just be blunt about what i meant. no offense intended!) so i guess they are the special exception (of course they are.)

10. Naren

Naren Member

I consider oral sex foreplay, so if you've had just oral sex and never had intercourse, then, you're still a virgin.
    :)

11. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'd say that being the 'pitcher' if your a guy giving anal sex makes you no longer a virgin.

as for the poll 'had oral sex' i'd say no...had oral sex is too vauge..does it mean you sucked/licked someone or that it was done to you..or both? If the former DEF not...a girl who only gives out bj's is still a virgin.

12. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

I first gave/received oral sex when I was 16. I didn't have sex until I was 17, so as far as I'm considered I didn't lose my virginity until I was 17. I think you lose your virginity as soon as the penis penetrates into the vagina.

13. alpacas_r_us

alpacas_r_us Member

So gay guys who are pitchers aren't virgins, but the catchers are?

Oooooo-kay.

[​IMG]

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you brought up a good point here

these are the things that make me go, hmmmmm.

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, that doesnt make sense to me either.

16. Jimmie

Jimmie Member

IT WOULDNT BOTHER ME . dont even think about it sex is sex . its all good .lol peace.

17. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

if someone gives or receives oral sex they are technically not a "virgin" anymore. The word virgin means Unused, uncultivated, or unexplored or happening for the first time. therefore any thing that you do sexually for your first time means that your not a virgin any more.

18. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

LOL, i dont believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a politician.

19. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I said they are still a virgin, in my vote... However, oral sex is still sex and that person is sexually active. The same with hand-jobs...

Loss of virginity, in my book, is different for males and females.

To me, the sexual act of putting something up inside of their vagina, is what I consider to be losing of virginity, for females. Although, I have known girls that were sexually abused by their fathers and I considered them to still be virgins. Even though, technically, they weren't. And I would consider a girl who "lost her cherry" on a tampon, to still be a virgin, as well.

For males, I would say that any sexual act, with someone other than themselves, would be a "breaking of the cherry" and loss of virginity.

This was a good question. Thought provoking... I don't think it was silly, at all... :)

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I think that you're still a virgin if you've had oral sex but not actual intercourse. To me, you're a virgin until you've had actual sex-sex. KWIM?

Peace.