Volunteering

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by MountainMan, May 18, 2004.

1. MountainMan

MountainMan Member

this next september i will be taking spanish classes and then going on to volunteer in south america/central america, but im not exactly sure where to go and what to do. im planning on choosing conservation as one of my activites. does anyone know any areas/forests that are in need of some help in this area? thanks

2. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

i've been toying with the same idea, and aiming for roughly the same date of departure. But i cant make up my mind wut kid of work i want to do. i'm leaning towards working on an organic farm, or a conservation society would be great too. I dunno why but I told myself a while ago to attempt for australia... or somewhere in north america

I can picture myself surveying/ data collecting in a rainforest. Ideally i could turn my love of photography into an eye opening device for other people.

3. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Member

Hey, u shud check out www.i-to-i.com
    They do meaningful travel/volunteer travel to Latin America,Europe, Africa etc.
    working in the rainforest, animals, and people who need help. They look pretty good, but u gotta pay. Peace and good luck!

4. Burn

Burn Member

The northern rain forests are being munched away by the jaws of capitalist corporations drilling for oil. So where's that? Ecuador'ish into.. I dunno. Sorry I don't know exact details, but at any rate - The Amazon needs some help. I'm sure there are other areas, too.