Virgos

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by prissbaby, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Zenn60

Zenn60 Member

I hear all the time Virgos being described as bitches. And in my experience, I really have to agree. Most Virgos I know, meet, or are friends with, are highly bitchy if not two-faced and manipulative, but I can't help but like them, because their good side is highly charming and attractive.

2. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

that's true. I'm a total bitch.

3. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

the flip side is when they're sweet they're really sweet. the virgos I like are just so innocent and just really beautiful.

4. Flopdoodle69

Flopdoodle69 Member

Part of the reason I get along so well with Virgos is because they are not afraid to hide their ugly side, and I think that's a good thing. If they feel negatively towards someone, they're going to express it, not hide it.

Some may call that being bitchy, but whatever.

5. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

That's totally true. I'm probably THE kindest, most loving, generous, compassionate, helpful, and forgiving person you could EVER meet. However, when my highly sensitive bullshit detector goes off, I'll sometimes express it... not always but sometimes... and then I probably come across like a bigtime bitch. But I don't care. I'm also a punk (Aries rising) and I don't have a problem with that. I'm REAL and honest. Good and bad, beautiful and ugly. All of it.

6. radareyes

radareyes Member

The greatest downfall of Virgos is their critical nature when untempered by compassion. When manifesting from this state, Virgos acts of service are contrived and often the product of a "martyr-complex". Their obsession with order and routine often goes unrecognized as the reflection of their own internal disorder that it truly is. Their normally extraordinary capacity for discernment is obscured by their fixation on trivial details at the expense of big picture, often times even when that picture is staring them right in the face. Ego-bound Virgos are notorious for their ability to dish out the criticism, but when it comes to receiving it, they often justify their own dysfunctional behavior with denial and rationalization.

When Virgos come to the realization that their ideals cannot be fabricated with pretense and calculation but must instead be embodied as experiential truths, they exude a purity and impeccability that is truly profound. In this day and age, however, such Virgos are few and far between.

Travis

7. Flopdoodle69

Flopdoodle69 Member

Its like the quote from Aaron Samuels in the movie Mean Girls, "Everybody has good and bad, Regina is just more upfront about it." Replace "Regina" with "Virgos", and thats what I think of when I think about you guys.

8. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

don't worry... I won't be calling you on your BS anymore. You can't handle it. ;)

9. radareyes

radareyes Member

I'd consider that more of a Sagittarius quality personally. Of course, all signs have the capacity to acknowledge positive and negative traits within themselves.

Travis

10. radareyes

radareyes Member

Take your best shot bluesafire. The last one wasn't even in the ballpark. ;)

Travis

11. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I'm a virgo, and I have mixed feelings about myself. The other virgos I've met seem to be pretty cool.

12. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

It really cuts me when someone criticizes me. However, over the years I've learned to take it. I don't want to make myself blind to my issues, so I listen and learn from the criticism.

I'll totally admit to being a bitch though. I guess it stems from our need for order and to make everything right. At least the way I see it is, if I alert someone to their behavior, they'll acknowledge it and work on bettering themself. Most people just think I'm being bitchy though. And sometimes I am, if I let my frustration take over my diplomacy. :eek: I really need to work on that.
    Also, sometimes, it can be better not to say anything at all. People will learn from their mistakes when they're good and ready, without any outside help at all.

13. Zenn60

Zenn60 Member

Amy Poehler is one of my favorite Virgos :D

14. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

crap, double post.

15. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I didn't know Amy was a virgo.

16. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

ah no, my lips are sealed.

17. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

she rocks!

18. radareyes

radareyes Member

Understandable. That last attempt back-fired on ya pretty good, didn't it? ;)

Travis

19. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

that last attempt showed me that you're unwilling or unable to see.

20. radareyes

radareyes Member

The funny thing about that last attempt was that you were picking up on an ego distortion of mine -- just not the one you thought you were. And in the process of misperceiving me, you revealed your shadow self, which I in turn exposed. You then lapsed into a subconscious defense pattern, quite appropriately actually, because we can only handle so much truth at a time. I simply overloaded your capacity to see into yourself.

Incidently, if you do end up accurately identifying my aforementioned ego distortion, I'll gladly let you know. :) Actually, I would find it quite gratifying for another person to see that deeply into me, because it doesn't happen often.

Travis