Virgins; a myth?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by bird_migration, May 25, 2004.

1. sicko

sicko Member

that sucks, more aids = more death = less women to export :(

2. butterfly

butterfly Member

HIV (Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus) is the virus, AIDS (Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the syndrome that develops. They are not separate viruses. HIV weakens the bodies immune system leaving it succeptable to common infections. People begin to suffer from AIDS when they show signs and symptoms of opportunistic diseases associated with the condition. The body has no defense against these infections, so they, along with an already weakened body, eventually lead to death. However a person can live with HIV for many years before developing AIDS.

(Don't mind me, I'm revising for A-level Biology. If you want to know more, then just ask!)

3. Keefy666

Keefy666 Member

I'm still a virgin and I don't want to be.
    It reall Fucking sucks!!

4. torz

torz Member

i know all this shit, i went & worked (volentry) over there educating people on AIDS & HIV. what it is, what it does, how you get it & how to prevent other people catching it. i was just in a rush to type what i wanted to say at that time.

5. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

In the special HIV/AIDS pharmacy in hospitals they do special little things like use coloured paper instead of plain ones to cheer up the patients a little. Isn't that sweet? :)

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

It doesn't suck. Trust me. Wait as long as you can before you do it. Even if it makes you "uncool," you won't ever regret it. I've got a list of 17 guys who never loved me, and most of them probably don't even remember my name and definitely wouldn't recognize me if they saw me again. I don't let it bother me as much as I used to, but I can't take any of it back.
    You don't want a baby, either. Mine is sweet and beautiful and perfect, but I wasn't ready for him and I went from being 17 to 40 in just a few months. It's not real great for your self esteem. :( And it makes it nearly impossible to find a nice guy, because none of them want to be daddies. It must be nice to be able to make that decision.... Grr....
    I love my boy, though. And I'd rather be alone forever and just have him than waste all my time and energy on some handsome asshole that knows his wines and quotes Shakespeare and can go all night and into the morning.

Or maybe I could just do that on weekends??? Holidays???

7. WutheringHeights

WutheringHeights Member

Since it usually takes a bit more for a male to get action than a female, for a young lad it is a crucial sign of acceptance into society. Unless he's turned down offers, a male virgin often feels alienated and rejected. I sure did.

8. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yo man dont blame other people for your self esteem being low. If your feeling bad about yourself then do something about it. Now I may not have written the book on femal sexuallity (or read much past the naughty bits) but I know that whinning about how depressed you are is a major turn off for chicks (unless you put it in slow depressing song.) Your responsible for you. Don't transfer blame

9. schatzi

schatzi Member

I'm still a virgin...long story (and I'm not ugly, in case you were wondering!)

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I assume that your a dude... right? SEE SKIP! WE NEED OUR MALE FEMALE INDICATORS! PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE

11. butterfly

butterfly Member

Good good, and nice one for doing that, I'd quite like to go myself at some point....how did you get into it?
    But anyway I'm sure there's lots of people who don't know, so it can't hurt to say it!

12. Ikarion

Ikarion Member

I feel it too, all the time, feels worst when i try and fail to get with people.

DarkLunacy: What makes you think i´m usually whinning around chicks? The fact that i did it here, on a anonimous website were i get to be able to spill it all out without fear of any judgement? I know enough about "mating" to realise i´m never going to be attractive by being just who i am. I realize women don´t like men with problems. It´s ironic beacause they "all" complain about not finding a sensitive man. Well, sensitive men suffer and are usually a mess, they get depressed often, and they only go for those confident alpha males kind of guy, they think they´re so selective... I get to see guys getting girlfriend after girlfriend and some never making it. I really think that what MANY women want is a man that gives more than he receives, a low maintanence kind of male, someone not very needy for afection, but very sensible to thei feelings and needs, like some kind of daddy. I never complain around chicks i want to like me, i leave that to myself when i´m all alone, because when i speak my mind off i get encouragment speaches from people who know nothing about by condition, saying "do something" is real easy. Don´t transfer blame? I´ve tried that, holded all up inside, "it´s your problem" "don´t blame other people". But i realise that it´s all a selecting being selected game. And some get the lottery while others don´t, that easy.

13. torz

torz Member

i got into it through oxfam & unicef. its a great experience, you think before you get over there that your going to be sad the whole time your there. you see al these images on the TV of starving children and stuff and your sat on the plane thinking about what its going to be like but really its fantastic. because you are helping people you get kind of a buzz but the people are so fantastic, its like they have all this unconditional love to give and they're giving it all to you because your helping them. it really makes you apreciate what we have in England. the living conditions over there arnt very good, i didnt stay in any 4 star hotel, i stayed with one of the local familys there that i was trying to help, they really made me feel welcome and part of the family. it really does make you apreciate everything we have in life, from the food we eat, to the health care we recieve & the shoes on our feet.

yes there are lots of people that dont know much about HIV & AIDS, i didnt mean to sound as though i was having a go at you, i just wanted to tell about going to africa. i thought i may be something you would be interested in doing work on HIV & AIDS.

14. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

Well, I'm virgin

15. 4denise20

4denise20 Member

...ya..i'm a virgin...

16. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

I just saw 40 year old virgin... Awesome movie. I highly recommend it...

17. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

I'm one. So that means I'm a protected endangered species. Um, awesome, I guess.

18. Pablo

Pablo Member

I know what you mean, i lived in new mexico for a few years at 8 some people have done it, at 12 they about all have and by 20 most of them are parents. Its so lame if you live there and you arent like that and want to meet someone when your 18 years old.

19. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I imagine that only those born by c-section are truelly virgins...all others have been through the birth canal once before.

20. pocket mouse

pocket mouse Member

I know lots of attractive virgins actually. They are between 19 and 25 and are just happy waiting until they meet someone they want to do it with. They generally don’t tell people they are virgins because of the stigma attached to it. There is a general belief that if you meet a virgin over 20 then there is either something wrong with them or they are those celibacy silver ring kind of people. Some people are just happy waiting.

I don't think low self esteem is something you choose. It is just one of those things that you have acquired because people are mean. I have low self-esteem I'm not a virgin but I haven't had sex for 2 years. My self-esteem problem generally comes about because i used to be a lot fatter and most people generally don't like fat people. We take up to much room on buses.

Don't worry it is a well known fact that men get sexier as they get older just bear that in mind. The problem is women still expect to be the ones asked out and the reason they go for the alpha males is they are the ones that ask them out. My advice is ask every attractive stranger you see out and then one of them is bound to say yes. Once you get over the first rejection the rest is easy. It worked for me and as I say I used to be really fat so it is not because i was really attractive. Also ask them on a proper date so they know you want them for more then a one-night stand.