Virgina Tech

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by The Lex, Apr 17, 2007.

1. The Lex

The Lex Member

When I see something like this I think that there had to be a mistake made somewhere. They had 2 hours to close the school after the first shootings, but they ASUMED that he left. The deaths that followed could have been prevented.
    I hope the police that asumed he left feel bad for the lost of life that resulted from thier stupidity. Even if they thought he left they still should have closed the school.

2. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

There's one reason why it happend, because the person needed help and had access to guns...

We need gun control in America. The second amendment was designed incase of an invasion by the british! That's not gonna happen any timr soon.

3. floatupstream

floatupstream Member

yeah, i just found out about this now. not only is this fucking horrible, but to add to it one of the kids was from my graduating class. he was a freshman.

4. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Maybe someone peed in his Sweet-&-Sour Wiemaraner that he was having for breakfast...Who knows. But yah, if he didn't have such easy access to handguns, things might have been different. Kinda hard to walk across campus unnoticed when you're carrying a shotgun.

5. TimeTraveler2043

TimeTraveler2043 Member

to shedtrol....that's bullshit...we have the 2nd amendment because the people before us didn't want our govt to get too strong in the future...it's for the people...& you say we need gun control.. yea take away the guns & see what happens.. crime will go up.. people like me & many others that use guns the right way & are sane get fucked... the criminals & sick people will always get guns..the 2nd amendment is there for our protection.

6. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

So this is what I heard about it:

Apparently the guy was an exchange student from China or something. He had been in a relationship with a girl who went there, and that morning they had gotten into a fight or something, so he decided to come and kill her.

He had to of had an ID for the school, had to have something to do with the school, because i guess to get into the school you had to have an ID badge, which you would slide through something, which would then let you into the school.

Once he got access to the inside of the school, before closing the doors, I guess he put chains on them so no one would be able to escape.

Their also now thinking that there might have been a second person involved in the shooting, because if not, since it is such a big campus, he would of had to of covered about a mile and a half in a matter of 20 minutes, which is possible, but very unlikely.

But this is just what I heard, we were talking about it today in philosophy class.

And yes, I completely agree, they should of closed down the school, even is they thought he left. Because "thought" is the key word here. The fact is, they didn't know for sure, and they shouldn't of taken the risk. That was pure stupidity.

7. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Their are already like 20 threads about this..........how many more do we need? I don't see that many threads dedicated to dead Iraqi's........

Gun control is a load of shit, the only thing holding the people on any type of equal footing is the fact that people can fight back, take away the guns.......and the US tyranny train will go into overdrive......look at the UK.........cctv all over the fucking place

8. evsride

evsride are you irie?

Oh how flawed your logic is, I have little hope in your generation to realize the great promises of equality and freedom that the founders wanted us to live up to, through the mechanisms provided in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    The 2nd Amendment is an insurance policy. Your reaction to this tragedy is exactly what the people who want to take away your rights are hoping you are saying.

When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Where was the government when those killed on Monday needed protection? Its up to us as individual citizens, not to relinquish our rights and duties as responsible human beings to big brother.....your ignorant sentiments make me sick.

9. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

one could make the argument that if every student at V-tech was armed, alot less would have died because the assailant would have been brought down immediately.

10. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

^ That is very true.

11. Strange Days

Strange Days Member

That reminds me of a statement Archie Bunker made on All in the Family. "Arm all of your passengers if you want to prevent terrorists from attacking people on air crafts" or something like that. LOL. Then he said, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people" and in response to how to prevent people from killing people, "That's easy, bring back the death penalty." Hopefully, no one here agrees with this...

It truly is sad and we do need gun control. And, we need help for these kind of people. He already had destructive behavior, setting a dorm on fire, stalking people, writing weird stuff. He needed serious help. The security at that school was really bad. What's terrible is that the massacre occured two freaking hours after he killed the first two people and the school wasn't shut down and nobody was warned until after the second shooting already happened. Arrgh.

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

What is truly sad is your point of view on this very serious issue.........we need guns to fight off tyranny.........this is imperative....as it is, their are far too many restrictions on firearms, trust me if somebody wants to murder someone they will do it, whether or not guns are legal.....they may obtain an illegal gun......they may blow up a building....they may go wacko with a crossbow, it doesen't matter. Guns are our last line of defense against big government, once they get taken away the entire population will become slaves on an even more overt scale than is already being practiced. Please please please don't buy into this one sided argument, it is imperative in the coming years that Americans retain their right to bear arms..........in the end firearms may be the only defense we have left.