vietnamese tofu

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by fi_J, May 28, 2004.

1. fi_J

fi_J Member

last weekend i discovered the wonders of vietnamese rice noodle soup. mmmm fresh veggies, noodles, herbs and tofu in one huge bowl of broth. so filling!

(ottawa folks check out the golden turtle on booth st. near gladstone. tiny little place, big huge servings!)

anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew what they did to the tofu... it was all spongey, full of bubbles... literally soaked up the broth, then squished in your mouth like a sponge. the only way i knew it was tofu was because it listed on the menu and nothing else looked like it... plus it had no flavour of its own.

is it a simple freeze-thaw process, or should i find a vietnamese food store?
    (maybe i should just go back and ask!)

mmm... squishy goodness! lol! :p

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

That sounds amazing.

Do back and ask, then share the recipe. And I promise to love you forever :p

TTFN

Sage

3. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

You like biting into a sponge? :eek:

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

LOL not literally :)

I've always had a fetish for the seemingly gross. Happily plunging my hands into wall paper paste, literally letting snails walk all over me etc.

TTFN

Sage

5. blugirrl1

blugirrl1 Member

sounds yummy i love rice noodles.