Video Games On Acid Or Shrooms

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Silverbackman, May 17, 2007.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Have you ever played video games on acid or shrooms? If so, how was the experience? Did it enhance the experience and make you feel like you were more in the game? If you have experienced ego death while playing video games, did you "become" (at least in your mind) the character you were playing as? And what games have you played on acid or shrooms?

Some fun video games on weed, shrooms, and acid are;

Timesplitters 2 or Timesplitters: Future Perfect
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Any Grand Theft Auto Game (3, Vice City, San Andreas, ect.)

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

What a waste of time..

Go outside! Play in the woods!

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

How is it a waste of time? Not everyone sees nature as being more valuable than the materials humans craft out of it. Material is material, and none of it should matter in the first place, but especially when under the influence of a chemical that allows you to bend your own perception of reality.

4. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

How is it a waste of time? I like to experiance EVERYTHING while high or tripping. I enjoy being in nature but I also enjoy playing video games, watching movies, eating, sex......everything in other words. Why limit yourself to one activity? People should experience everything while high or tripping, not just one activity.

5. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

i put away my video games and dont play them anymore - not even sober. i did this because it forces me to do something more productive with my time. plus i got sick of playing them - the whole experience became boring. i still watch movies once and a while but i never watch tv. i am a musician so it is very easy for me to find something productive to do - i just play my guitar and write a song or play some drums. if i am not playing music i can always go for a walk or do some yoga or meditate.

back when i did play video games and watch movies more i would still avoid the television and computer while tripping. something about it felt un-natural and gave me a head ache. i remember a long time ago playing video games on acid and it was like you suggest - i felt more a part of the game, as it sucked me in. so - way back in the day i would say yes, video games are cool on acid. - but i think i have somehow grown out of them.

6. Krsna Bhakti

Dont feel sad 3xi, I also grew out of video games about the time my son was born.

7. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Interesting replies.

I personally never see anything unnatural about technology and video games when I'm on psychedelics.....I guess it's just me. The reason being is that technology is apart of nature and as natural as anything else.

I also don't consider video games unproductive......there's a lot to learn from IMO. Especially considering the fact where we are going........everything.......from surgery to reality will be like a video game in the future.

And ya got to admit that when you experience ego death when playing a game......kinda reminds me and teaches me about this reality. Our whole reality maybe as virtual as the games we play especially considering the fact that conscious self awareness isn't anywhere near from being explained.

I guess I am too much of a universalist when it comes to the many activities to in life ;) (sober or not).

8. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Try playing Vice City or San Andreas and get on a good motorcycle. Then press the select button which will put you in first person mode. I feel like I'm traveling through time and space in extended reality! It's fucking awesome.

9. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Man, I can never pay attention to what's going on on the screen when I'm tripping. Not that it isn't cool to look at, but being on psychedelic drugs is more than just finding trippy things to look at. Besides, if you're tripping hard enough, everything is trippy.

10. Glordag

Glordag Member

I tried playing World of Warcraft on acid once, and that didn't work out at ALL, lol. It was just too hard to concentrate on it. It was entirely too confusing. Staring at a pop-up banner with a waterfall in the background and fluttering butterflies was MUCH more appealing :p.

11. prismatism

prismatism loves you

yknow what would probably be fun? neopets. i'm gonna try neopets some time.

i had an experience where i was playing mariokart and became all my weapons. THAT was fucking COOL, especially the lightning, and the one where you become rainbowy and fast and invincible and it plays that cool music. mariokart is the best game ever.

i have no moral stance on the issue. i guess i agree that anything is as natural as anything else, and i feel like there's no possible way to "waste time". i think, a person can spend five years staring into the carpet, or spend five years travelling the world, and only the person who had the experience is really able to judge it.

12. Krsna Bhakti

Agreed. And who cares about judging anyway? Whose to say ones own experience is 'greater' than anothers? No one, thats who :)

13. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

:)

14. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

3 weeks ago i got to world 6 in "new super Mario bros." while i was tripping on mushrooms and 2c-e. it only took me a few hours. it took me 3 weeks to get to world 8 and finally finish the game.... so i definitely think the psychedelics helped, and enhanced a whole lot.

ive played other more complex games(THPS, Halo, etc.) while tripping, but it was just to much to concentrate on. super mario bros is the perfect tripping game!!!

15. Glordag

Glordag Member

Hax!! Video or it didn't happen (; . lol j/k. That is interesting, though. Once again, another example of something indicative of psychedelics enhancing certain mental and/or physical attributes. There's so much research they need to do...

16. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

i was freakin out one time and this guy suggested i get my mind on somthing.

so i put in crackdown on the 360
    and basically all the cars looked really long and it was going slow
    and was very confusing. i was running into walls that really werent there, and was in places i thought i wasnt. cause i actually had finished the game prior to this. maybe if i wasnt freaking out as much i couldve enjoyed it more, but it did help with the intense part of my trip, just to get my mind onto somthing else.
    so id suggest it for that. only played for like 5-10 minits.

17. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Two Words. Guitar Hero.

18. seanydizzle

seanydizzle Member

^^ hell yes.

19. Chris_mate

Chris_mate Member

You and I have seem to have very different views on acid, I only take it in very special ocasions, the layout is well thought of on a farm with friends and music so that it is unforgettable... i get the impression that you drop it because youve got nothing better to do.

20. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i tried to play super mario bros while i was on shrooms, but i hadn't played it in a long time, and wasn't very good, and was taking turns with other people who were totally kicking ass. it bummed me out a little, but was really fun to watch. i don't like being timed. games like that or pac man or dig dug freak me out. i like RPGs. i think banjo kazooie would be fun, you'd get to just run around and kill vegetables and slide on stuff and make them dance and go swimming and turn into different animals. no pressure. plus they all talk really funny.

oh my god, i want to play pokemon on gameboy color. how fucking fun would that be?!!

or wait... DDR. that would be the best. or kingdom hearts.

shit. i love videogames. i'm sorry :D