Vet. and Vet. Group Help

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Shnsduc, May 26, 2019.

1. Shnsduc

Shnsduc Banned

I am a member of a Vet. Group of retired combat related injured senior heros. We all have been prescribed opiates to help with chronic pain. We all do well and our quality of life is better with the meds. Now due to political concerns doctors won't continue with opiates even though we have all been using and managing them for many years. We use to have to refuse increases or different types as if we were ginny pigs. Now they want us on NSAIDS which most of us have lower GI issues which NSAIDS aggravate.
    Can any one suggest a Doctor in the Ventura Ca 93003 area that will use opiates when necessary. Or any other suggestions or contacts to obtain this, my group served proudly but for reasons which have NOTHING to due with us, we now have to watch our final years end in unnecessary pain and suffering. Maj. S Cowan Ret. and Vet. Co. 206 Retired Heros. Confidential: 805 843 1534 HELP!

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Cannabis?

I know this sounds lame, but cannabis has been known to decrease pain. I don't know what it will do for someone with an opiate addiction.

3. Shnsduc

Shnsduc Banned

Thanks, but the doctors blood screen, if THC is on board, they stop any opiates, cause they say as long as cannabis is schedual 2, Narcotic class, they won't provide opiates. Most know the combination of THC helps reduce opioid use, but not till the pharmaceutical companies can get their $.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

that's discriminatory. it's statutorily legal, though not federally.

Well, if that's the case I certainly don't know. My doctor prescribes tramadol, but I don't think they'd like that either. The emergency rooms give out tramadol as well, but only in small quantities; enough to get you through a couple of days until you can see your primary physician.

Good luck! If there's any of your guys homeless and kicking, I think this place would help. Veterans – Turning Point Foundation