Very upsetting!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by FallenFairy, Aug 18, 2005.

1. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

hi all well this is about my my 2 eldest nephews marques 5 and jaylon 3.5. my sister (tiffany) just had a baby 7 weeks ago (KaVaughn) so she has been in the house alot taking care of KaVaughn and cleaning and all. Marques and jaylon like to go outside and ride their bikes around and play with the older kids (9-12)well last week so many things had happened to them. the first thing that happened is some of the older kids pushed marques of his bike and took it and he was yelling at them to give it back and they were teasing him and he kept telling him to give his bike back finally he yelled if you dont give me my bike back i will shoot you.so this older boy goes and calls the police on my marques and marques tells the officer that the boy had a gun.

the next day the same kids pin jaylon down and yell at marques to beat him up and to choke him and he yells no. as soon as he yelled their father came running and yelled at the older kids and told them that when he gets over their hes gonna take his belt off and whoop all their asses. all the kids ran as fast as they could.

to understand how bad this last thing that happened you have to hear what happened to marques when he was three. when he was three years old his half brother who is a year older than he is had i guess raped or molested him. everyone was taking a nap and when kalu (the father) woke up he saw his oldest son trying to put his penis into marques's lil booty he was pumping so damn hard he left scratch marks on marques' booty. so onto the last thing. on sunday this lil asian boy came over from his apt building to play with marques and jaylon they went behind the building and this lil asian boy told marques to kiss jaylons peepee marques sadi no thats naughty. the boy persisted and marques kept saying nothe boy finally forced marques to kiss jaylons peepee.then the boy told marques to kiss his peepee. as soon as marques said no he heard his ma yelling at them to get back in the house. marques told his ma everything except what the boy forced him to do. tif and marques went right across the street to walmart and marques saw the boy and said thats the boy who wanted me to kiss my brothers peepee.when they got back home marques saw the boy agian and said taht the boy who made me kiss jaylons pee pee. tiff was pissed but she had to ask jaylon but he was asleep when he woke up she asked him and he started to cry and said yes and ran out the room thinking he was gonna get his ass beat. tif comforted him and called the police and well social services was called and now jaylon and marques are seeing a psychiatrist 3 times a week and nothing happened to the lil boy cuz he is 11 so they cant do anything til he is 12.

i just wanted to get that all off my chest and share it with you parents to let you all know that there are some fucked up kids out there and that you need to teach your children how to prtect themselves and tell them what to do if they are ever in a situation like that.
    thanks for reading.

~Fallen Fairy~

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm sorry but where the HELL are these kids parents?!? I would NEVER let my children play outside unsupervised for those exact reasons. Why can't your sister go outside and make sure that her children are ok while they play? I never let my kids out of my sight-even in the backyard. Maybe I'm missing something, but perhaps you need to talk to your sister and tell her that she needs to keep a better watch on her children. Teach your kids to protect themselves? It's the parents job to protect their children. Did they cross a street? Does a 5 yo know how to cross a street without being hit by a car?

Sorry for sounding harsh, but when it comes to the safety of little kids, I get kinda raging.

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I have neighbors on my street who let their children run all over the place without supervision. We're talking 3 and 4 year olds. It's ridiculous. I don't even let my 5 year old son play outside in our fenced-in back yard by himself, I am ALWAYS outside with my kids when they are.

You just never know what could happen, especially in this world today.

4. FallenFairy

yes a five and four year old know how to cross a street without getting hit by a car but they didnt cross the street or parking lot.my sister lives on the fifth floor of an apt complex and she stays out on the balcony as much as she can to watch her kids while her 7 week old baby is inside asleep or playing or whatever. its hard for her to be able to run up and down 5 flight of stairs because she has severe back problems and she is very overweightand to carry her newborn up and down is just not easy for her. she does the best she can. but what happened is the little boy took my nephews behind the buidling and did this.

this just frustrates me i told her that she needs to put her kids in some kind of self defense class but she cant afford it. She told me that they know how to fight and defend themselves its just that when something happens they freeze up.

5. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Actually I believe research has shown that a child cannot judge the speed of a passing car accurately until they are nine years old ( obviously there is some variation in this) so I would be concerned about letting four and five year olds out in a neighbourhood with cars in full stop.

I do feel for your relative, living in a high rise apartment must be tough with small children and a new baby, but she can't let these children play on the streets any longer. Perhaps she could put the baby in a baby carrier and take them out for a supervised walk or to the park once a day. I honestly don't think self defence classes are the answer here, the answer is to supervise the children. The little boy in particular has already suffered enough, I would be very concerned about him in terms of future abuse. So no easy answers here I'm afraid, it's good that you are such a concerned relative though Fallen Fairy...maybe you and your sister-in-law could do some baby sitting for each other ???

6. FallenFairy

i wish i could baby sit my nephews but i cant because she lives in wisconsin and i live in florida.

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I live in a semi rural area, little traffic, no sidewalks, ect and I have never let MY children cross even our rural road alone at 4 or 5. They just can't do it safely. In a city, that's even crazier.

Child Protective Services need to be called. Children who are repeatedly victims of sexaual assault almost alway have been molested in their own homes first and probably continued to be victimized. This family needs a HOME VISIT from someone who knows something about the proper care and raising of small children. It doesn't appear their parents do.

WTF? These are small CHILDREN. They need supervision and defense from their MOTHER. They shouldn't have to fend for themselves. Where did she get a bizarre idea like this? It is HER responsibility to take care of her children. Damn, this is what CPS was MADE for. Clueless parents who have no interest in their children's well being.

Clear as can be. These children's MOTHER needs to supervise them. If she refuses CPS needs to be called. Kids can't raise themselves. I know mothers with 8 kids who can properly supervise all of them. She has no excuse. Fairy, this is just SO sad. I can see why you are so upset. But the best thing for these children is to be in an enviroment where they will be taken care of. A call to CPS is REALLY in order here. WHAT Is thier mother doing, with her time. that she can't take care of them? She has NO excuse not to care for these children, and if she refuses, there are plenty of foster homes where they can get adequeate supervision, or even give the mother some basic parenting classes.