Vermont Tackles Legalization.

Discussion in 'Cannabis News' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Vermont, as I'm sure most of you know, is working on tackling marijuana legalization.
    Last year, legislation was introduced on the topic.
    Now that we're deep into January, they are in the midst of holding hearings for Vermont citizens to voice their opinions on the topic.
    They already have some new ideas to consider or incorporate into existing legislation.

A recent article (9 hours ago as of this post) explains a small part of what's going on:
    Senate Committee Holds Pot Hearings Around State

They're aiming to have a final vote by the end of the month.

As far as I'm concerned, it's about time the North East states start getting on board this train.
    (Don't hold your breath for New Jersey. It'll be at least 2018 before anything could come close to happening, since Chris "fuck you, I'm an asshole" Christie is at the helm until then.)

2. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

Vermont will be the first state to pass legalization by their own government in 2016 without a citizens vote on ballot.That is what it should be.All the laws against cannabis were made by our elected government officials to keep it illegal with out a vote by our citizens.Vermont will be the first state working to change it for its citizens.

3. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Hey!
    Thanks for bringing this up!

This legislation passed the Vermont Senate, today!
    (17 - 13, preliminary vote was 16 - 14)

Now it moves on to the tougher fight in the House.
    Hopefully the people of Vermont help by letting their elected oficials know that they want to see it legalized.

Here's me, crossing my fingers!