Venting loneliness?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Earthy Mama, May 16, 2004.

1. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

I have seen things in the news paper that say...Single parent dances, like I guess these dances a chance for single parents to meet others. Maybe you can look in your local paper for one of the single parent gatherings . Years ago I was with a guy that had a child. You know, kids are awesome, I can't understand why a guy would be turned off by the fact that you're a mom!

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Eryn, I had the same problem after I split up with my 5 yr old's father. She was 7 months old. I was 21. I had 2 kinda serious boyfriends after that. Both had hang ups with me having a kid, so they eventually split. Then, I met Tim. Actually, he had a crush on me for a while, but I always turned him down. We became very good friends. He has a daughter that is 6 months older than Madeline. We eventually got together. He fell in love with my daughter the first time they met! I know it's hard, but you gotta hang in there. I think single parents are the best matches. Guys w/o kids kinda feel intimidated by women with kids. Even friends. My girlfriends that don't have kids aren't there for me anymore. People stick with their own kind. It is hard being young with kids, but awesome as well. Hang in there. I know how you feel.