vegetarian potheads

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by wiuf, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

^^^^
    1. Only if he didn't sink.
    2. name one thing that isn't called art.
    4. He'd have to be thin enough for the door to clear, otherwise he'd be named brick...

neways, back to reality.

I've been a veggie for most of my life now (all 20 years).
    I don't even remember exactly when i went veggie (around fourth grade i believe).
    It's cause i felt bad for the per animals. cows ain't never done anything against me, so why would i choose to eat them?
    I don't know if that's considered a moral choice or not.
    I always said if i was trapped on a lifeboat with a man and a dog and i had to eat one, my choice would depend on WHICH man and WHICH dog.

2. jack pine

jack pine Member

Doesn't meat taste a lot like chicken which is pretty bland stuff as far as food goes? I like beans and rice with lots of hot salsa and spread over corn bread when I get the muchies. Yes sir!

3. DirtyBongAlexa

DirtyBongAlexa Member

i is plant consuming pot smoker

4. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I was a meat-eater, then I was a vegetarian, then I was a vegan, now I am a meat-eater once again. =\

5. Raisin Doobie

Raisin Doobie Member

congratulations, that's quite inspiring

6. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Bland? No way my man!

It is all in how it is cooked. I hunt alot and venison ribs cooked in a pressure cooker with potatoes and sauerkraut is phenomenal :) Wild boar, Goose breast shishkabob, Duck stir fry. Nothing is more tasty than wild turkey. Rabbit broasted with a garlic butter. I could go on. Its alot of work but partridge stuffed with homemade watered chestnut dressing is superb. Wild game is nice and lean and very flavorful. I always try to keep the freezer stocked.

During deer season it is a great treat to cook a fresh deer liver with eggs for breakfest.

My take on meat :)

7. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

That's not really the meat that has the flavor though, it's all the fixings...
    You can do that stuff to tofu, too. Venison does have a nice flavor though. Salmon too. Those were the only two meats that I enjoyed.

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Not quite true but the fixings certainly help. I have found that wild game which feeds off of crops (corn, etc..) has a different flavor than the game that has feed naturally ( browsing for berries, grass, leaves..) people refer to that as "the gamey" taste. It really is you are what you eat.

You are right about salmon. Just a terrific fish -> grilled with a light lemon and butter brushed on.

Tofu is great. I have a bunch of hindi friends and just love the dishes. From the spicy hot north to the warm south dishes Mmmmmm. There is a spinach and tofu dish I wish I knew the name of which is just fantastic. It is amazing the variety of veg dishes they prepare.

9. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

BudBill- I assume that you are the one doing the hunting? or you buy it?

I have a friend that goes to the game warden and gets the poached meat before it rots and they eat that. It's free, natural (free range or whatever you'd call that) and much healthier than factory farmed meat. If you aren't already doing this, it's a great way to make sure that poached animals don't go to waste at least.

I wouldn't eat it, but I would encourage others to do so... it's like... lower on the chain ya know? closer to nature and healthier. all that good stuff.

and FUCHS: why did you go omni again? I read it somewhere but forgot. :D

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

11. natural philosophy

12. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Yep - love hunting and the outdoors. I love being out in the woods, fields, water just walking and scouting.

I have worked on farms too. Helped take care of 10,000,000 chickens (eggs) and cattle (dairy farm).

Road kill generally gets donated to the soup kitchens but if I hit it I do eat it :)

13. natural philosophy

Bill, you won't hear a lot of AR vegs saying this but I think that's awesome. Sounds like you actually have respect for the animals you eat because you put in the time yourself.

If more people hunted and slaughered their own food, there would be less dependence on factory farming methods and a lot more healthy people. It provides a much different/better perspective of your meat also.

haha you kinda sound like the hillbillies around here with that last part. If there's a dead animal on the road, it's gone within an hour... people love roadkill armadillo soup around here haha

14. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hee hee. I know it sounds like I should be swilling some moonshine but I am quite urban ;)

Thanks my man!
    B

15. Raisin Doobie

Raisin Doobie Member

i'm an animal rights nut, self proclaimed and proclaimed by others. i think animals should be able to live natural, free lives, in the wild. i'm against factory farming, or any kind of farming, that interferes with the natural life of an animal. i'm 100% vegan, and won't even eat anything with gelatin in it.

i'm PRO-HUNTING. everyone should have to hunt their own meat, if they want to eat it. hunting is honourable, and it's the way the food chain was intended to work. for sport, perhaps not, but for food? i'm all for it. we're animals that evolved with a small amount of meat in our diet, and hunting is natural and just

would i ever eat meat or hunt? no. but i respect people who hunt their own meat.

16. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

i am vegan. i have been for 6 months, and was vegetarian for 3 years before that. i love being a vegan pothead!

17. Obscured By Clouds

Obscured By Clouds Member

Vegetarian for 4 years and 2 months. 420 haha.

18. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

I'm not really pro-hunting, but I do think it is a much better way of feeding oneself than by going to McDonalds or something of that sort. I really don't see how you could be pro-hunting and yet refuse to eat hunted meat/ take part in that act because of a moral restriction, just seems odd to me. Basically, I could see justifying hunting back when there was no viable option, (hundreds of years ago) but in this day and age I find it hard to. Animals are complex beings with systems of living that include familial relationships and the ability to feel and process pain. I definitely can not, nor can I see how a vegetarian could actually support this act, considering the fact that (a) there is a great chance for injury to the animal and (b) it is much more cruel than simply eating plants or fruit or whatever you may have, considering the fact that there is no pain involved and no family structures involved that you are essentially tearing apart for the sole purpose of enjoying a meal.

Again, though, if people are going to eat meat I would much rather see people hunt for it, as the factory farming process is the worst part of the modern meat industry.

-Peace-

19. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

20. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I love my meat! Nothing like swallowing a huge sausage!

Sorry....I had to do it.