Vegetarian movies?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Sage-Phoenix, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Not like the little PETA flicks. I mean mainstream movies that have a pro vegetarian message.

I could think of four....

Babe: The cute little piggie movie. Shows that animals are smart and have feelings. I'm making a crap job of explaining this one. Watch it and see.

Buffalo Soldiers: One character is vegetarian and describes how meat rots in your collogne (sp)
    (as useless trivia one actor in the movie is vegetarian (Anna Paquin) and another vegan (Joaquin Phoenix))

Finding Nemo: Three sharks have AA style meetings to cure them of eating fish. (fish are friends not food)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Ian (the main character's fiance/husband) is a vegetarian.

Any others of note? :)

TTFN
    Sage

2. clawsy

clawsy Member

"Chicken run"...is awesome, its way more than a kids movie. is about chickens on a free range farm, and how their life is shit & they try to escape. it has some sad parts to it but also a lot of larfs, I think it has a great vege message. I was really suprised when i watched it, it was great.

3. peacegal

peacegal Member

Back in the 80s there was a TV movie called The Thanksgiving Promise. It's about a boy who raises a goose with the intention of serving it to his family for the holidays.
    But he grows attached to the goose, and as Thanksgiving approaches he gets desparate and tries to let the goose free. At (literally) the last moment, his uncle interrupts the family's plan to slaughter the goose.

Also...Charlotte's Web, an old classic.

4. gertie

gertie Senior Member

bambi
    charolotte's web

5. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Oh shit, Chicken Run! Definetly...
    Animal Farm,
    there's a lot more.

6. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

The dumbest thing McDonalds has ever done(maybe) was advertise babe for their happy meals, right next to the bacon cheeseburger!

7. gertie

gertie Senior Member

macdonalds sucks

8. BlackHoodedCrow

BlackHoodedCrow Member

Buffalo Soldiers: One character is vegetarian and describes how meat rots in your collogne (sp)
    (as useless trivia one actor in the movie is vegetarian (Anna Paquin) and another vegan (Joaquin Phoenix))

Joaquin Phoenix what a joke he will not eat meat but he's got a system full of drugs!!!! You don't believe in harming other animals but you will harm your own body with crap!

December

9. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Finding Nemo, the scene when all the fish are trying to escape from the net.

10. maybejusthappy

maybejusthappy Member

Hey. I do drugs. I know what I'm doing and it's my choice. I am vejjo because I don't want to support the torture of poor defensless animals. They have no choice. I do.

11. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

as far az Ih no, I am the only vegetarian on this planet and everyting
    I create iz a reflection uv me.

Hair at - www.abclique.com

12. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Home on the Range! That was the greatest movie ever! And the bad guy's a pro-branding cow-killing guy who gets his ass kicked;)