Vegetarian Dating

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by DancerAnnie, Apr 25, 2005.

1. TheRealPamela

TheRealPamela Member

there are drawbacks and positives to both. I am vegan. My boyfriend, who was omni before we met, now eats vegan about 80-90% of the time (I cook), (reason for not eating vegan is he usually adds cheese, but no meat. He is lacto-ovo and his reasons are different than mine so things like lard, etc don't bother him, but no meat. Every meatless meal counts! It's his decision to go veg but he has said over and over that he couldn't have done it w/o me (he doesn't cook). So I am glad for this. I love him and would love him if he wasn't veg, but I think this brings us closer and my children will be vegan, so it's good that if it will be (one day) who is their father, it would be bst if he were vegetarian anyway.

Before I met him, I would have said yes, definitely prefer a vegetarian to no veg, for several reasons, but that option in my area is damn near impossible. I love my guy very much and it worked out how it did. I would suggest not expecting someone to convert, but helping in any way you can.

2. brandonveg

brandonveg Member

When I was a sophmore in high school I met this girl who was a vegetarian. She was the first vegetarian I ever met and I had a crush on her....anyways i didnt go vegetarian cause of her and i never went out with her, and have not met another vegetarian girl since then.
    I think it would be awesome to date other veg*n's if I could find them lol....but until then I will date omnis too. Most people show me a good deal of respect and I dont have to deal with any of that petty crap....If one of them purposefully disrespected me, they woul never do it again, because our relationship would be over......but like I said i dont have to worry about that cause everyone knows I am a little goofy and I am not normal lol and thats what they like about me, therefore me being vegetarian is just no surprise. Plus most of the women I meet seem to be real health conscious and like indian restaraunts and all kinda stuff like that.....so I dont have too much of a problem with dating a meat eater, but if we ever got married there COULD BE potential problems, because I will not want meat in my house, but at the same time I dont want to like domineer over my partner, so I guess the main thing would jsut be finding a balance.

3. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

they now have dental dams which makes it possible for veggies to date meat eaters as well as allow for veggies to engage in previously non-kosher sexual practices

4. badwolf

badwolf Member

I'd prefer a vegetarian date.

5. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

i would rather fig a vegetarian

6. Meat is murder

Meat is murder Member

only vegen/vegetrion.

i wouldn't go out with meat-eaters, like i'd never go out withe a natzi.

7. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

My boyfriend eats meat...It's actually a huge topic of playful argument. I accept him for who he is and his differences just as I accept my family members and my best friends for their differences. It's not like I'd stop loving him because he eats meat. What you eat, in my opinion, has nothing to do with love. It has never even crossed my mind to date someone based on whether they ate meat or not. This was my descision, I can't hold it against other people.

8. hippielinz

hippielinz Guest

I have been a vegetarian for 16 years now, but it doesn.t really bother me that others eat meat(except for the smell sometimes)(and rare meat makes me gag). I have been married to an omni for 4 years now and it has been the source of much grief in our relationship. Although I believe everyone is entitled to their own choice, I will not touch meat, Iwill not cook meat, I will not touch dishes that have had meat on them, and have become very perticular about where meat is allowed in my house. My husband is very meat and potatoes kind of guy(english) so it is hard to make meals that he would enjoy and vice versa. Would it be easier if he was veg HELL YES but I still love him anyway and am willing to overlook it.

9. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

mmmmmmmm steak and potatoes

no man I love your casserole baby I just can only eat so many fried carrotes before I grow whiskers

oh yeah dont look in the microwave Ill clean that tommorrow morning
    drew

10. liguana

liguana Member

I'm accomodating... vegetarian, vegan, omni, kosher, halal haha.

As eating is a major socializing activity i find my diet starts to resemble that of my partner if i spend alot of time with him. Don't matter to me, i can go either way, just as long as it's reasonably healthy and enjoyable.

Vegetarians make up only what 7% of the population, so it's pretty limiting to restrict yourself to that segment of the population. I don't find many veggies and many meat eaters i come across can't seem to warm up to vegetarianism. My live in bf insists on daily consumption of animal protein, i'm not gonna put up much of a fuss cos like i said, it don't matter to me. :) He does eat more veggies now that he met me ;)

11. Panik

Panik Member

bah i wish...I've never been very involved, as in like "dating", with anyone who was even a vegetarian. It really grosses me out to kiss "meat mouths" at times, I feel like I'm eating the meat myself! but I wouldn't want to require them to brush their teeth first, that would seem rude? I do find vegan people ultimately more attractive/appealing though. when I really dwell on it I can get pretty grossed out, but as long as I can deter my mind from the thought of the person chewing up flesh and little pieces of it in their teeth and nasty milk rotting in their stomach...as long as I can avoid thinking about those things I'm usually alright with omnivores.

12. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

I would and have dated non-vegetarians, even though the sight of meat makes me sick. I've been able to deal with it thusfar, but it is an issue that comes up in serious relationships because I see vegetarianism as a moral obligation and it's hard for me to connect with someone without some similarity in morals.

13. artist.in.a.bubble

artist.in.a.bubble Member

I'm a vegetarian and have yet to date anyone at all. Though I agree w/ peaceloveandshrooms and assume it would be simliar for me.

14. TheFriendlyStranger

TheFriendlyStranger Maniac Mull Mite

I date girls that I like. I like Veggie girls, simple. I can't understand why somebody would put a animal in their mouth. SIMPLE