Vegetarian Dating

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by DancerAnnie, Apr 25, 2005.

1. llornkcor

llornkcor Member

When I was younger, it did not matter to me if I was dating a person that was not vegetarian. But then I realized, when you get closer to someone and start to live with that person, it is a lot different. Putting up with frying bacon smells, cleaning up someones muscle parts, or just having to be defensive about my values can get quite old.
    Common values hold a relationship together. I can't imagine my partner NOT being vegetarian. Someone who is not, cannot understand the values I have.

2. Spaceduck

Spaceduck Member

Yikes, that's plain rude, no matter whom it is. [​IMG] I will say, though, it might work out if your partner is extremely considerate. I dated a girl who smoked, and she was so considerate of me (I used to get bad headaches) that she practically kept it a secret 24hrs/day. But chances are, if you find someone so considerate, he/she is probably destined to become a vegetarian anyway.:)

3. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

haha how coincidental...just the other day my borfriend was eating something meaty and he went to kiss me after....(he had had a drink)...but i said to him "get away from me meatmouth" lol....i think its a great term..i hadnt heard itbefore...

but anyway, i think it would be great to have a boyfriend who was also vegetarian but as long a the one im with respects my decisions and i love him then im happy

Plus my boy is pretty considerate...and when he's with me he eats mostly vegetarian anyway....

4. stranger

stranger Member

i dont know, any girl id probably wanna get into a relationship with, would probably be opened enough to hear me out on something that i feel SOOOO strongly about, and something that is so truely significant in the world soooooo many people never even realize a tiny percent of how important the meat industry really is in terms of big picture realities. its truly an ugly and terrible thing. and anyone i would think of dating would be open mindded enough to hear me out on that, and probably develop a passion for it theirself , haha :p not to say im totally gurized, im still evolving so much, and i dont even do yoga or tai chi or anything else that really tunes you in with your body and consciousness, but i know diet and excercise play suuuuuuuch a huge role in life that sooo many people percieve to be some totally ugly and unecesary dragg-ish things, when they arent at all, unless you say they are and tell yourself they are going to be. whats wrong with moving and eaiting healthy? eating healthy does NOT taste bad, thats the simple reason i think so many heads are not down with it, they dont realize the changes are SO simple and require such small simple knowledge and theres so many small easy choices to make to truly nourish your body and being, even not being vegan or anything, just having knowledge. ask a meat eater about whole grains or hydrdogenated oils, 9 out of 10 times i bet, huhhhh!?!?! PEACE EVERYONE

5. John221

John221 Senior Member

I'm veggie and engaged to a girl who was veggie years ago, but isn't any longer. It's never bothered me though, what she chooses to eat is up to her.

6. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I am slowly making the transformation into veggie, I dont think I would date anybody that ate meat after I convert, I mean when you kissed them you would be making out with a dead animal...

7. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i've been a vegetarian for 7 years and i've never dated a vegetarian.. why you ask? because i could care less! if the person is good to me and i love them, i don't give a shit what they eat! that's just ridiculous to me.

8. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I would never date a veggie.

Where the hell do you go out to dinner?

"Hi! Welcome to the Hairy Carrot. Today's entree is assorted leaves, and the soup of the day is lentil. Our special is a bowl of steam for those who are macrobiotic fruitarian wholefooders who basically can't eat anything, and any joy you might derive from consuming food will be offset by the photos of calves being slaughtered PETA put up on the wall. Pardon me, I have to sit down, I'm so malnourished."

9. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

actually iron goth, i can eat ANYWHERE I WANT and i'm vegetarian. so booooooo YA!

10. DreamerSpirit

DreamerSpirit Member

The thoughty of making out with somone who's just shoved a mess of dead cow flesh in thier mouth is a definite turn off... and pretty gross... but if I liked the person enough I'd *try* to accept them as a carnivore... then I'd show them the woderful world of PETA! ^^

11. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Woa...what a way to revive a dead-in-the-grave burried topic. :eek:

12. RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm Butters!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I'm not a Veggie but if I was dating one, I would convert. Or at least never eat meat or talk about stuff like that in front of them/with them.

13. hippychrome

hippychrome Member

LOL, does this have something to do with me ?!?!!?

What an Ego I have aye ROTFL !!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha.

I love you both ;)

14. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

LOL LOL LOL LOL So true!

15. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

Great you think that way honey.
    I converted last night while you were sleeping.
    Here's a bag of Dirt for breakfast today.
    Oh and have a shot of Wheat Grass to wash it down!

16. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

True!
    It's a Leo thing!

17. hippychrome

hippychrome Member

LOL I was just kidding, Sorry Wizzy, suppose I went over the line. + to you too Rider. Sorry if I sounded bad + I do apologise to you 2.

18. WavyGravy

WavyGravy Member

Id prefer to date veggies/vegans being a lifelong veggie and new vegan. The sad thing is, none of the good guys would date me or even know me! in fact, im surrounded by people who wont date me coz im vegan... who cares anyway? boys are icky!!:D

19. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i would love to date a vegetarian so I could get more ideas on what to cook and such.

20. WavyGravy

WavyGravy Member

yeah, thats quite a good thought. I wonder if theres like a veggie convention somewhere in the uk??