vegan acne help???

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by sweetdreadlover, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i need a way to get rid of acne...only catch is im a vegan and want something either 1.not tested on animals and 2. doesnt contain animal ingredients...help?

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I've had really good success with both jojoba and camellia oil. Jojoba in particular is renowned for being able to unblock pores because of its special molecular structure (very close to that of sebum). I also mix a tiny bit of either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid with aloe vera gel and apply before bed.

3. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Member

After trying tons and tons of "face" soaps, the only thing that seems to work for me is dr. bronner's (i use the peppermint). I use a little lotion sometimes, cause it can be drying.

4. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

For single breakouts (individual red bumps) that are infected and inflammed or have been "picked" at you can mix 5 drops Manuka (like Tea Tree, but better) in a carrier oil based on your skin type and apply to the individual bumps with a Q-tip.

For all over breaks outs I would wash with a mild cleanser (Dr.Bronner's mixed half and half with water)

Pat Dry

Mix a toner and apply and apply with a cotton ball - I like a base of Witch Hazel and then you can add 1:1 herbal tea (peppermint for oily) or whatever fits your skin type.

If you are Vegan you can try Neem Oil, mixed with some Aloe and Jojoba oil. I use Neem and Emu oil, but the Emu is out for you, sister : ) This should sooth and moisturize.

Really though, I have found that if you are like me (I'm 24) and still get breakouts...its all about the inside, baby! Hormones, body chemistry, etc. Some breakouts can be cured from the outside, but not PREVENTED. Treat the CAUSE not the SYMPTOM is a general rule.

5. sweetdreadlover

grr ive tried all of the above and none works...

6. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Have you tried Proactiv? When my face was out of control in my high school dayz i used it and it totally worked...i do not think there is anything "non vegan" in it, but you have to give it 3-4 months to work.

Sine you are not a teen anymore it is prolly hormones...which sucks. Regulation mmmm.

7. sweetdreadlover

...and i have discovered the only thing that does work on my face is dr bronners tea tree oil castille soap

8. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

Never tried this, so I don't know how good it works. But, its supposed to be made with essential oil, & it says it's vegan. Might try it out.
    I don't get it real bad, but I get a touch of adult acne sometimes.
    Original Formula-
    http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/362069.0/CategoryID/11500.0/SubCatID/850.0/file.htm

& More from this product line...Bottom of the page..Hmmm..They have an emergency formula.
    http://www.kalyx.com/store/prodpage5.cfm/CategoryID/11500.0/SubCatID/850.0/file.htm

Best wishes to you! :)

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Member

When putting Witch Hazel and Peppermint Tea together, how long does it keep for?

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

SDL, try this: an asprin scrub with an apple cider vinegar rinse (then water, of course. ACV is not fun in eyes)
    leave asprin on 15 min or so to help the clogs come up out of the pores.
    ACV restores the acid mantle to your skin.

11. sweetdreadlover

thats a great idea..i never thought of using an aspirin scrub

12. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Member

I've suffered from hormonal acne since the age of 13 and recently I had a talk with one of my teachers who is a registered nutritionist. She had mentioned in class that she helped treat her daughters cystic acne with vitamins and foods so I went up to her after class a week ago and asked for help. This is what she told me to do (and btw my level 3 cystic acne has begun to clear up!!!!)
    1) Zinc daily
    2) B complex vitamin daily
    3) Evening Primrose Oil caplets (take as directed)
    4) Eliminate sugar from your diet (it takes up too much of the body's time and is the MAIN step in all this)
    5) Eat 2 tablespoons of flax seeds daily (in a shake or yogurt *active soy yogurt is the best*)
    6) Drink water (with lemon, which cleanses the body)
    7) Eliminate fatty, processed, refined carbs from your diet a.ka. white foods

I'm not sure if your acne is hormonal or not, but none the less it may really help :)
    Good luck

13. oshinn

oshinn Member

i've had acne for three years (i didn't used to have it, but at the age of 19 i started getting it and i recently found out it probably had to do with ovarian cysts)
    i've grown to live with it, i don't know much what to do about it, but i wash my face with oats... i mix a very small amount of oats (maybe 2 T and that's sometimes even too much) with water and cook them, let them cool and then apply them to my face like a paste... wash them off and pat dry it leaves my face feeling smooth...

14. Blonde_Revolutionary

Blonde_Revolutionary Member

Deep sea mud mixed with peppermint leaves, make into a mask.

Great for black heads too!

Also drink LOTS of water, and also apple juice because apples have alpha hydroxy in it and that will help your skin. Also remember to get enough anti-oxidents because that will help promote healthier skin as well. Yerba Mate and Matcha are good for this.

Also (I never run out of ideas), if you want to get creative, there is an antibiotic soup I make when I have any infections and I found it also cleared my skin at the time. If you are interested give me a shout and I'll figure out what I put in it;)

15. Go ask alice

Go ask alice Member

I use rice bran in a cotton bag on my face, the japanese have done this for centuries to keep their skin so clear and smooth... I follow up with a tiny bit of rice bran oil to moisturise, and thats all the skin products I use. Im a firm believer that if you cant eat something it shouldnt go on your skin ;.)

By the way, I havent had one spot since about 3 weeks after trying this :)

16. psychedelicgirl

psychedelicgirl Member

^^
    where on earth do you get rice bran/oil?
    :ears:
    sounds pretty handy!

17. isiseyez

isiseyez Member

Blonde Revolutionary - I would love to know what you put in your antibiotic soup - it sounds like a great idea and an awesome alternative to try instead of the scary prescriptions my dermatologist wants me to eat! I've had cystic acne for about 6 years now and I've been vegan for about 8yrs. I'm really wondering if I am seriously deficient in something and I'm planning on getting a blood test as soon as I can afford it. In the meantime, your soup sounds like sumthin' I'd like to try! Thanks!

18. osu1

osu1 Guest

I know this is old but it's helped me out by getting some good information on acne and to get rid of this shi*. I just was fed up cause I have had it for years and now in my twenties and just shook it off by using a great treatment and following up on a good diet for your body. I just gave up the greasy fatty foods and found this acne treatment that works from the inside out. Inside out basically u take this herbal supplement that promotes healthy skin and pores. It was really a no brainer for me because I've never tried anything like this while washing your face with their cleansers. They even have body treatments too. The whole packe with this stuff, it's called Clearpores and I saved money on it at skincleansingsystem.com which was great for me.

After about 2 weeks of use, I started to notice everything going away. I was surprised because nothing has helped me like this before. It's been months now and I'm totally cleaned up. For anyone that needs help, try it.

Good luck and wish the best to you.

19. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

20. CandiiRainbow

CandiiRainbow Member

is honey vegan?
    if its not its wonderful, rub it on the skin, keep it on for about 10 min then rinse with warm water :)