vbulletin

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by kier, May 9, 2004.

1. kier

kier I R Baboon

That's right y'all, these are the proud new company to take over our forums.

how nice, how lovely...please change it back

http://www.vbulletin.com/

:mad: :mad: :mad:

i had put more angry faces in, but we're not allowed to!!!

2. sitareric

sitareric Banned

heehee you cant stop it! its corporate manifest destiny!!

3. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

simplier said; globalisation. well, cyber globalisation. :mad:

4. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Yeah or even simpler known as, *poo on a stick*

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

I agree,vbulletin is corporate and scary. Very un-Hipforums if you ask me!

6. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

yeah the old forums were nice. but soon these will be semi-nice to.

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Well it's a corporate world, and there's no point us burying our heads in the sand and trying to pretend our little corner of it is any different. If anything, this should remind us of what we have to strive for in this life, to get out there and make a difference, in whatever way we can!

8. kier

kier I R Baboon

doesn't mean we should invest in vbulliten, i'm sure there are more gentle (for want of a better word) companies out there :)

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

how ironic about the faces.

10. kier

kier I R Baboon

hmm?

(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)

11. maabbott88

maabbott88 Member

Ooh, it's a "powerful, scalable and fully customizable forums package for your web site!" Who gives a flying fuck? The old forums were better. vBulletin has made the forums into the Un-Hip Forums! Why'd you spoil a good thing? The only thing I can say is that you'd better have the old posts up from that backup PRETTY DAMN QUICK. I do like the WYSIWYG editor though.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Peace-Phoenix

OK, time to go play outside Tor, maybe you can come back in when you've grown up a bit. Let's make Young Hippies for the young hippies, not the young idiots who want to ruin it....

13. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

hola senor. como estas?

14. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

1. did tor really get banned?

2. we should be judging the forums by the people and the words and not by what it looks like.

15. Third Eye

Third Eye Member

Ive used vbulletin for years now on all my sites, its easy to use, easy to customize, and is alround great. I dont see the big deal. The Software is not what makes the forums hip, Its Us that makes this place hip :)

Make Peace, Not Hate Tortheviking

16. Peace-Phoenix

Yeah for now, the last three posts he made were attacking me. Seems like he was stalking me after disagreeing with the young hippies community idea:p There was a general amnesty allowing all banned members back when these new forums came into being. But it's obvious some people are simply here to attack our values and our community and so it's really not worth wasting time on them and letting them get their kicks out of abusing us. I've nothing against the guy as a person, I simply think he should really find somewhere else to "act like a jerk" and leave us to our lot. If he finds he's grown up in time, I'll be happy to lift the ban....

17. Orsino

Orsino Member

lol.. that's just tor... he's always like that... he's not like some dude over in brooklyn on a three day binge taking speed with some crazy plot to strangle hippies... heck... lol, his brother (mike_crotch) is worse than he is sometimes... lol.... he is one of us.

18. sitareric

sitareric Banned

i didnt know mike was his brother.... yeah tor is always like that, i used to get the "oh look erics pretending to be deep again.. GET OVER YOURSELF!!" aye aye aye, did he really get banned?

19. Orsino

Orsino Member

Yeah.... lol.. he's going to be pissed when he comes home and finds out he's been banned... lmao... he went to the bookstore he said. oh damn... i'm not supposed to tell people mike is his brother. I forgot, but.... eeeeeeeeeh.. I had to say it. lol.

20. sitareric

sitareric Banned

i wonder if he thinks he can front when revalation comes? yeah you cant front on that