Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Midget, Jan 6, 2005.

1. jamaica

jamaica Member

i refer to all the bland suburban moms around me who regard my dreadlocks, skateboarding, style of clothing, music etc. as not age appropriate. i think i am supposed to shop at walmart, compare bargains, whine about my hubby and kids and the price of cheese at safeway. but its different. i can't relate to these women, they bore me and they humour my style...there are a few of them who i thought to be in their mid thirties / early forties like the others and was appalled to learn they are younger than i am - just turning thirty.

2. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

it's awesome that you're young at heart, like my mom.. she's in her mid-forties, has 4 kids but looks/acts like she's 30..

3. chaos

chaos Member

4. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Wow, I had like forgot about this thread...and then for some reason tonight I rememembered it. :p I just saw the Purple Thistle website, and bookmarked it...looks cool. Can't wait for some more info about it! :)

5. mooka

mooka Member

cool that purple thisle sounds like just my kind of place - or at least a good place to start :) :)

any other little gems?

promise i will share my treasures too once i get a chance to look around!!!
    (just moved back to bc after looooong absence)

6. mooka

mooka Member

this is all online-only so far (a lot of these places tend to move around i've found..... so check for yourself!!! i wont be held responsible for sending you on a goose-chase :) )

i'll get back to you too once i've been round to take a look

Our Community Bikes - Vancouver, Canada
    They promote do it yourself bike repair and bicycle empowerment and provide tools and repair instruction. They also have a regular repair shop. Open 11-6 every day at 3283 Main Street (at 17th) Vancouver, BC, V5V 3M6 Canada. (604) 879-2453 pedalpower.org/ocb.

Spartacus Books re-opens after fire - Vancouver, BC, Canada
    After their 20+ year-old store burned down in April, 2004, they have re-opened! Check them out on the 2nd Floor, 319 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC (Coast Salish Terr.), Canada.

Independent Media Center Vancouver - 614-207 West Hastings St. Vancouver BC 604-688-4085

Kalayaan - 451 Powell, Vancouver, BC V6A 1G7 604-255-0725

Little Sisters Book Store - 1238 Davie St. Vancouver, BC V6E 1N4 604-669-1753, 1-800-567-1662

People’s Co-op Books - 1391 Commercial Dr Vancouver, B.C. V5L 3X5 604-253-6442

so, even if you're not a 'reader', i've always found infoshops/ alternative bookstores/the likes to be excellent places to pick up flyers or other notification of current cool stuff happening in the neighbourhood.
    usually way cooler and relevant than anythign you could possibly find out from any 'cityguide'
    they are the pulse of the diy/anarchist/punk/psy/artist/etc scene!
    doorways to the veins of the city :)

loves ya

maybe see you there! i'll def be checking *all* of these out soon-as-possible!