Vampire..

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by Wynter, Jan 2, 2006.

1. AJ84

AJ84 Member

oh yeah they are actully. heven`t read them all yet cuse i ran out of money when i was ordering the other books but the one`s i read are really good and if i go by everything i`ve read of hers then they should be awsome.:D
    hey actully i really enjoying talking to you Jayvader123. think we could talk more about other things then vampire and werewolfs in some other place?:)

2. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I will take a look at them when i get the chance, always good to read new stuff :D
    Its been nice talking to you too :D yea sure we can talk abut other stuff i'd be happy to ^_^ what other place do you have in mind, PM?

3. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

The Anno Dracula trilogy by Kim Newman

Anno Dracula kinds of starts where Stoker's Dracula leaves off, but with a twist... Dracula doesn't die, in fact he survives, come to England, marries Queen Victoria and unleashes vampirism, which becomes normal, even fashionable.

The Bloody Red Baron is set in WWI, Drac has been ousted from Britain and is using the German armies to try to regain power. Also features an undead Edgar Allen Poe !

Dracula Cha-Cha-Cha is set in Italy in the 1950s, when Dracula, now a celebrity recluse, finally gets killed.

4. AJ84

AJ84 Member

yeah that works fine :D
    and do that. im thinking of taking up one of them also. like ramses ore something. ^.^

Mr. Frankenstein
    Anno Dracula sounds intressting. i`ll take a look at it.:)
    thanks!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I read the Anne Rice chronicles and I adored them. I'm not sure I could read any other vampire series. I mean werewolves?? Nospanx.

6. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I've sent you a PM and yea i'll have a looksey at the books whenever :D

I've never heard of the Anno Dracula trilogy.

7. AJ84

AJ84 Member

me neather but it sounds intressting

Irminsul yeah Anne rice is awsome. ^.^
    but werewolfs might suprise you. sure they not sensual like vampire on the other hand i geuss they do have a beast like trait going for them. me im more freakt out by the fur and the dools XD, but i`ll give them a shot =D

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I find vampires to be erotic creatures of mystery. I'm attracted to the ideology of them and in my own imagination Anne Rice nails them.
    I just can't find fur and drool to be very arousing. =p

9. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

Check out Kim Newman's website for availability [some may have alternate titles outside the UK]. There's also other books of a vampire/fantasy interest here.

http://www.johnnyalucard.com/fiction.html

Alucard...Alucard... now where have I heard that name before :)

10. AJ84

AJ84 Member

XD i know what you meen.i have a thing for lestat and louise combo myself:p
    Lestat remind me of myself sometimes to be frank.:D

11. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I think alot of people like vampires more because they look human.....but then so do zombies :p a zombie romance story LOL :rofl:

12. Freakymetalchik

Freakymetalchik BITCH.

Anne Rice's books are good, a lot of them are about vampires, particularly the Vampire Lestat series...
    and of cousre, NOT TWILIGHT. ANYTHING BUT THAT.
    :)

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The thing that turned me from reading Anne Rice right away was Interview with the vampire, because that movie just sucked badly. So I read The vampire Lestat first and then Interview and then the rest of the series.
    I read the Vampire Vitorio** a while back and it was a good read even though it's not apart of the chronicles. I haven't read Pandora, I wish she'd of come up during the chronicles.

14. AJ84

AJ84 Member

Jayvader123
    yeah that wouldn`t be to hot whit all their molding and open scares and such.. XP

Freakymetalchik
    yeah they are good books.

Irminsul
    i sawthe queen of the damned before reading the books and interwieve whit a vampire.
    the later i`ve always liked even if some things is not coreccted in it it isnt worse then any other movie that sbased on books and changed. and queen of the damned i loved the musice and liket the movie untill i read the book then i feelt they had butcherd the book by making htat movie. its not even the same its more like there are just some simulareties and nothing more. that ennoied me alot >=(
    the book is so much better in both cases though. ^.^
    i heven`t read vittorio yet i was going to but i gave it away as a present instead many years ago.
    i do have pandora in my bookshelf. but i never really like her much. XP
    i would rather they made a book about gabrielle ^.^

one good thing about pandora is that you get to know more about marius and armand in it ^.^