Vampire..

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by Wynter, Jan 2, 2006.

1. AJ84

AJ84 Member

well like i said twilight isn`t my thing eather.
    but i like true blood. just saw the second seson not all of it but some and there are some nice sceans in it.
    but movie`s then its defenitly bram stokers ore interwiev whit a vampire i like best so far.

i just remeberd another book i read that was awsome.
    i don`t remeber the author to it but the book left an inpresion on me.
    i think it was calld count draculas secrets ore secret diries of count dracula, ore something like that.
    it was about one of the desendent of Dracula that was studeing to become a doctor, when he hears about his inheritance to the dracula legacy. there is some really grusome murders happening that you get to follow. these murders are sick as if someone not human done them yet its all to human.you never really get all the answers you like to have but you can pritty much figure things out sens its written like a dairy.
    its really a great book. when i read it i was busy whit alot of school work and the book belongd to the school library so i needed to return it way to quickly at the time, so i forgott the name of it and its arthor. i haven`t been abel to find it again after that. i would like to find it again though

2. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

i have never read any of the twilight books. did see the first twilight movie and, my take on it is... :ack2:

i'm not much for most vampire stories, however, i just got through reading christopher moore's third book in his vampire trilogy. all three of those books are... :smilielol5: and :rofl:!

the title of the first book is: "bloodsucking fiends: a love story.
    the second book is: "you suck: a love story.
    the third book is: "bite me: a love story.

i would love to see moore's books made into movies!
    moore does a very good job of pumping some new blood (pun intented.) into the vimpire mythos.
    we all know the vimpire shit was starting to get quite stale. twilight is the best example of that.

i still say, the "best" vimpire romance series going, are the anita blake, vimpire hunter novels by, laurell hamilton.
    that is, if, you want to call that twisted shit "romance!":eek:

3. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Good to hear no-one likes Twilight with there sparkly vampires LOL :p

Isn't there a book caleed Vampire Academy? i don't know what its like.

^_^

4. AJ84

AJ84 Member

the name is familiar but i haven`t seen ore even read them.

5. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I haven't read them either, i think theres also an anime called 'Vampire Knight' i haven't watched mayself so i don't know whats it like.

6. AJ84

AJ84 Member

oh that name i have heard of. ^.^ i think i`ve seen fisrt episode its seems quite good but i wasn`t in the mood for that kind of Anime at that moment so im planing of watching it later on instead.
    there is one calld "nightwalker" to and "blackblood brother" i think.
    these should be in mangas aswell.
    i few days ago there was a werewolf movie on TV whit jack nicholson. "wolf" ive seen it before but its kinda good for something rather old. have you seen it?

7. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I haven't heard of 'Nightwalker or 'Blackblood Brother'

No i don't recall seeing 'Wolf' i remember something called 'SilverBullet' i think thats what it was called.

8. AJ84

AJ84 Member

your sure? cuse i lookt it up there is a movie calld wolf whit jack nicholson in it about werewolfs that fitted the discription of the movie. XP

anyway =D nightwalker and black blood brothers are animes about vampire in them, the nightwalker kind is abit more lika a kind of demon like vampires living on humans.
    the nightwalker is an slightly older vampire who get rid of vampires thats become insaine in these demon like urges.
    black blood brother i have at home i haven`t seen much of it but it seems rather epic, first episode had child vampires in it and it seemd like something that could be really good. ^.^

9. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Oh I wasn't talking about that movie i was saying i saw a movie called 'SilverBullet' :p i don't think i've heard of that 'Wolf' film before loks like i have to go find it now ^_^

I will check them out when i can, what sort of anime are they though? are they fighting or like adventure types. Hopefully not a romance one not into vampire romance. :D :p

10. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

Ooooo theres a show on TV called Vampire diaries, it's way cool....

11. AJ84

AJ84 Member

ah okej i think i might check the silver bullet film.

black blood brother seems to be a kind of adventure fighting kind im not entierly sure sens i only seen the first episode. but i got it on my hard drive so i can check it and tell you about it later if you like ^.^

and nightwalker is abitt of a mix there is some romance in it but not more then the fighting. its more mysterie whit fighting, light horror and some romance baket in to it. ^.^

12. AJ84

AJ84 Member

i`ve seen a bitt of it it seemd okej. i liket true blood better from what i`ve seen. but that might just be becuse of Eric. XD

13. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I will probably check them both out anyway, see if there my type of thing.

Never liked Vampire Diaires :p

Blood + (or Blood Plus) is another vampire anime :)
    House of Night is another book but LOTS of people hate it though.
    Anita Blake but that series has degraded into 'Anita fucks everything that walks' so its now crap IMO :mad:

^_^

14. AJ84

AJ84 Member

yeah you do that. ^.^ i know of the blood + haven`t seen it yet.

15. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I kinda like it havn't seen the rest of the episodes yet. :D

Have you read the book series Nightworld? I only read the first as my cousin loves them.

16. AJ84

AJ84 Member

can`t say i have is it any good?:)

17. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Its not my thing but my cousin thinks there great.
    Its got Vampires, Werewovles, Shapeshifters and witches in it.
    The vampire are basically split in 2 theres the Lamia (the real vampires) & vampires which are basically humans who have drank the blood of a Lamia.

Its another romace like thing soulmates and stuff not my thing.
    Theres another one called 'Cirque du Freak Trilogy' i haven't read them though.

18. AJ84

AJ84 Member

i get the feeling i will be farely bissie reading and watching vampire movies/series this summer and fall. XD
    there is so many good advises. and why not some other things like werewolfs and witches for example thrown into it to?

btw anne rice has written some books about witches covens and such if your intressted. ^.^

19. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I think vampire movis are the xarze so theres gonna be a few more films maybe.

I have never read anything else from Anna Rice just her vamp books, are they any good?

20. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Member

What kind for "vampire" books? Like.. real vampires or fake ones?

Checkout: http://www.vampiregnosis.com
    ...for an interesting twist on 'real vampires' and vampire science.