Vampire..

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by Wynter, Jan 2, 2006.

1. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

they are vimpire books indeed! the eating of blood and/or flesh does not make a cannible or vimpire. you read dracula; have you read the silence of the lambs? silence of the lambs is the re-telling of dracula in a different form. both of those books are written in a kind of code. both of those books are a kind of "wisdom horror." real vimpires don't have fangs or drink blood. yes, vampires are real, and their all around us. the blood drinking vampires, were created to keep the innocents safe in their denial, that such creatures are only fantasy. maybe, in time, you will grow in your mythological spiritual understanding to know what i am talking about. (i had to grow in mine before i understood.) right now i'm sure you and most other people on this thread think i'm full of shit

2. Valdis

Valdis Member

I hated Dracula. There are no characters to care about or like in that book.

I liked Silence of the Lambs but it, to me wasn't at all a vampire book. I adore vampire books.

I didn't see "wisdom horror" in these books but each to their own.

3. Valdis

Valdis Member

Carmilla was way better for me than Dracula which I truly hated.

In the meantime, I've found another I like, [FONT=&quot]Fledgling by Octavia Butler[/FONT].

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Just finished Agyar by Stephen Brust, in one sitting, no less. Couldn't put it down.

5. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

I've been told that the book 'interview with a vampire' is very good. loved the film.

or.... Twilight! hehe my sis loves them.

6. attractivesufyan

attractivesufyan Member

i was also searching for these books thankx for sharing

7. MizCricket

MizCricket Member

Gah, no disrespect to anyone to loves the subject/genre, but the whole vampire thing is getting waaay played out.

8. AJ84

AJ84 Member

when i was younger i read a two good books about vampires one of them was
    Nancy Bakers - "night insaide" also known under the name "kiss of the vampire".
    the other one was
    Annette Curtis Klause - the silver kiss (this one is good for teens mostly)

9. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

There are too many Vampoire books out now. I personally think that vampires need to chill and authors need to write about something else.

I like reading vampire books and other supernatural type stuff but come on man let some other creatures get involved.

10. AJ84

AJ84 Member

not that i don`t agree whit you about letting other creatures in and all but there is something special about vampires that just makes you feel all warm and cold insaide at the same time.
    kind of like the gentalmanly theif and perfect murderer in horror books and such.

i have more vampire suggestion btw.
    there is an rollplaying game calld vampire the masqurade and dark ages. from white wolf. they have several novels based on the game thats actully awsome.
    you get to know several diffrent clans of vampires and how they work while reading what happens during their night as un dead.
    just look up white wolf, vampire the masqurade ore dark ages, and the clan novels then you should be abel to find them easely.
    i recomand them.:D

11. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Vampires are cool and all (even though i prefer werewovles) but theres tons of books on them recently way too many.

Hellsing has vampires and its really good but its an anime though.
    I've played Vampire the masqurade :D don't really remember Dark Ages though.

12. AJ84

AJ84 Member

Looks like we have alot of como intrests. ^.^
    well they have alot of ages in the vampire rollplaying game. like dark ages, victorian, gehenna and so on but i know of only the masqurade and the dark ages clan novels so far. they have werewolf books to,but mostly game meterial i think. haven`t read those. but they should be pritty intresting if you like werewolfs.

I just not that into werewolfs.but then again im not to found of wolfs and dogs eather.i don`t hate them ore anything im just more of a cat person XP

but my nephew likes them alot so maby i`ll find their charm one day. I rather read a book about vampires cuse they mostly have a more human estetics to them. if theres alot of books about them then thats just the better. :D
    hope you`ll find more wearwolf books.

oh yes i`ve also seen that anime. its great ^.^I love anime!:)

13. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

I guess we do LOL :D
    I'm into alot of the supernatual type stuff :) Look like i never managed to look them up, i have a look when i get the chance to do so.

I had both cats and dogs but i prefer my doggies (i has 3 doggies) I don't know what it is about them really....i guess because wolves are my fav animal plus i like all the savagary they do.
    Thanks i'm sure theres more i just haven't been looking much, There isn't much werewolve books out there but Blood & chocolate is one i remember.

Theres more Vampire Anime (which i can't remember at the moment) Theres even a werewolve anime called Wolf's Rain :D

14. AJ84

AJ84 Member

oh yeah i`ve seen that one to.. its really good actully. :D
    like you im also into quite alot of diffrent supernatural things. like ghosts demons and shapeshifters.
    im actully a Anne Rice fan. you`d think there would only be vampires in those books but there is actully other mysteries and creatures to spechally if you read about the talamasca.
    anyway i like reading or watching most things where there is some kind of supernaturalo influence.

but oh well still i geuss vampires are closer tomy favorites of them.
    but i will try giving werewolf another chance. they might just grow on me ne?:)

15. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Member

Vampires are awesome. I found this site that I like, http://www.academyofvampirism.com and http://www.vampiregnosis. Both are giving real/non-fantasy info on the actual vampiric condition. Check it out

16. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Werewovles tend not to be peoples fav because where as vampires look human, wovles are human when not turned. The old fang vs fur thing :) well whether you start to like them or not just remember there awesome too :D

I've read Anna Rice's books they were good but not my fav, have you read Twilight? i hate that book it makes no sense and theres sooooo many plot holes that you could fall down.

Do you watch the documentaries on the supernatural? theres some interesting things about them on TV sometimes.

17. AJ84

AJ84 Member

Cunninglinguist
    the book of nod i haven`t read but it belongs to the rollplaying game that white wolf made. the vampire the masqurade, dark ages,victorian ages,requiam,gehenna,
    its actully a legendary book existing in the game that few has even heard of.
    and thouse books are limited editions, so that you actully read it is pritty cool.
    maby you should read the other books to if your intrested in vampires?

Jayvader123

i haven`t read twilight, i might have and might do sometime but i have seen the movies. they where okej i geuss but the hole vampire sparkling thing kind of dosen`t do it for me. and the move gives of a teenage vibe im not to keen on.
    so i say its an okej movie.
    at the moment im reading true blood second season. my friends gave it to me for christmas they probely want me to watch the series so i could talk to tem about it. it kind of good and very simpely written. true blood i like, i actully like Eric alot and thats strange cuse i don`t really like swedish acters to much but Alexander SkarsgÄrd i do like :D have you seen it?
    if i watch documenteries yes i do if i hapen to see one is one i watch them. i don`t watch tv to often, mostly becuse there is alot of crap on it. like the swedish and norwiegen hollywwood wifes... :mad:*urk...*
    but if you know of some you could maby mention them and i could serch for them? :)

18. Jayvader123

Jayvader123 Member

Twilight is just plain crap i wouldn't read it, it would probably gie you brainache LOL

To be honest i'm not into vampire romance so True blood, vampire dairies (whatever its called) there are not my thing i prefer them to kill there prey not love it. I haven't seen much True blood i wathed the first episode and that was it.

Theres more documenteries on the supernatual ghost type, there is a video on Youtube supposely about 'real vampires' i watched only alittle of it.
    If i can remember some documenteries i will tell you them.

^_^

19. Aine6923

Aine6923 Member

Sherrilyn Kenyon is much more about Greek Mythology but there are vampires/vampiric elements in her books, and she has such a detailed, unique style, I highly recommend her! :)

20. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Nah, Bram SToker