Vaccine Hoax

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Aerianne, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Children are ingesting 3-4 times more fluoride by body weight as adults and “[t]he sheer number of potentially harmed citizens — persons with dental fluorosis, kidney patients tipped into needing dialysis, diabetics, thyroid patients, etc — numbers in the millions :(

3. graxton

graxton Member

Viera Scheibner is as delusional as Mercola who thinks vaccines cause cancer, HIV/AIDS, and autism. She is so frustrated at the success of the polio vaccines that she has to fabricate that all meningitis diagnoses are supposedly polio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis

"A global effort to eradicate polio began in 1988, led by the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and The Rotary Foundation. These efforts have reduced the number of annual diagnosed cases by 99%; from an estimated 350,000 cases in 1988 to a low of 483 cases in 2001, after which it has remained at a level of about 1,000 cases per year (1,606 in 2009). In 2012 cases decreased to 223."

There are frustrated and dangerous groups with views similar to those of the truthers on this board.

"In Northern Nigeria—a country which at that time was considered provisionally polio free—an Islamic Fatwah was issued declaring that the polio vaccine was a conspiracy by the United States and the United Nations against the Muslim faith, saying that the drops were designed to sterilize the true believers. Subsequently, polio reappeared in Nigeria and spread from there to several other countries. Health workers administering polio vaccine have been targeted and killed by gunmen on motorcycles in Kano."

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm torn regarding my opinion of vaccines. I do believe vaccines have saved a lot of lives but I think there is a giant push for unnecessary vaccines (chickenpox, gardisil, etc) and I think the current vaccine schedule for children is dangerous. Vaccines should be much more spread out; injecting 4 or more different vaccines at one time seems like a recipe for disaster in a young developing immune system.

I don't really like the tone of that article though. It doesn't seem very credible.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

This is the real link, the actual report. This is where the assertions are made and this is where critical thinking and research must be applied.

http://www.ecomed.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3-tomljenovic.pdf

Having just read parts of it I'm not very impressed and certainly not swayed to believe the conclusions outright. Some of the quotations I thought "Ok, that has something to it, needs more research" and others she's clearly grasping at straws. She takes a LOT of quotes out of their context which is not good for her cause.

6. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

damn, leave it to you Writer to link us to some real homework. :)

i'm going to try to make the time to read this, it looks pretty deep. suffice to say, right or wrong, my daughter was never immunized due to many of the fears in Aeri's link. it means nothing in terms of the bigger picture, but she's never had any health issues related to the illnesses addressed by vaccines.

love that they pointed out how polio has practically been redefined to be menengitis.

7. Marifana

Marifana Member

I have never, ever taken any vaccine. I can still keep healthy without any problems! Besides, I have the experience that these vaccines is always make the whole thing worse.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I hate when people point out they're remained healthy without vaccinating. That is due to herd immunity - many of the diseases that we vaccinate against have virtually been wiped out due to vaccines. That is why unvaccinated people are at a low risk to get these diseasaes.

9. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

so if vaccinated people are so safe from disease, why would they worry about unvaccinated people?

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=88246.0;wap2

i hate when people hate.

10. Marifana

Marifana Member

I think everyone can have a great immune system if they just keep healthy.

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Being unhealthy is not always due to poor personal choices.

12. Marifana

Marifana Member

Nah, you're right!

13. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

That's not really how most of these virus' work.

There is so much pseduoscience going on in here it freakn' hurts my head.

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

:2thumbsup:
    :2thumbsup: also.

if we resist the temptation to box all humans into one or more categories it's easier to accept that we all have a right to our own choices.

like?

seems to me there are examples of the above quotes all around us if we interact with other people.
    would you agree that one's current level of immunity to disease would equal the sum of their genetics + environment? if so, wouldn't that amount to a near infinite amount of variables?

some non-pseudo science:

http://www.vaccines.gov/basics/prevention/immunity

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/131979.php

there is mountains of data to choose from, pick and choose however you like.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can't really answer that. I don't personally care if people choose not to vaccinate their children, but they need to be aware that although someone who has not been vaccinated may be protected against diseases that have been all but eradicated in a heavily vaccinated population, they're still at risk if they travel to parts of the world where vaccines aren't as readily as available and these diseases are still common.

just as an example, i'm sure the native americans were quite healthy and had built up great immune systems against native diseases but their immune systems were not prepared to fight off diseases european settlers brought with them.

16. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

This right here.
    :sultan:

17. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

so in other words, unvaccinated people are safe from a disease because most others around them got vaccinated?

the risk with travel to other environments is ones immune system development didn't occur there. without the regional immunity, it's a risk traveling most anywhere distant from where you spent your developmental years.

why the need to credit vaccines with eradicating disease when it's pretty clear to modern science that advances in hygiene and sanitation coupled with knowledge of food safety is responsible far more than a small percentage of the worlds population getting immunized?

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

exactly. Its called herd immunity.

I thought it was pretty clear to modern science that good hygiene and vaccinations are both responsible.

the rate of measles globally fell 71% between 2000 and 2011 due to widespread vaccination. That's pretty huge http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/

I don't have a need to credit vaccines; its just simple research.

I just don't really understand how people can act like vaccines have no value. I completely understand the concerns with vaccinations regarding the schedule and overwhelming number of vaccines administered today (some of which I do think are unneccessary) , but you literally would have to do absolutely zero research to not be able to see that vaccines have almost completely wiped out a number of diseases in vaccinated populations around the world.

19. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

because my grandmother may be too sick to get vaccinated, so vaccinating as many people as possible will help to keep her as safe as possible. same goes for newborns.

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

YES -- they can COMPROMISE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM!!!!

'Knock on wood' -- I HOPE YOU CONTINUE HEALTHY :)