Vacations

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duck, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Where is your favorite vacation spot?
    How did/do you spend your time there?

2. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I love Cape Cod. We usually stay in Hiannis Port (which I tend to spell wrong) and day-trip from there, to Martha's Vineyard, Provincetown, and so forth. I'm hoping that sometime we go we'll rent a house instead of staying at a hotel, but that's so expensive. It's such a beautiful place though, and the people are fabulous. I love going to Provincetown and hitting up all the kooky used bookstores. Last time I went, I bought 7 books...and chilled on the beach for about three hours, just laying in the sun reading. Perfect!

What about you, Duck?

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Utila, Honduras.

It's a backpacker haven off the coast of Honduras.

I usually go there from a week to a month... diving, drugs, parties, drum circles, and alot of chilling.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like mixing it up every time. However my favorite was Napa Valley, California. The weather is perfect and there is so much to do around there (if you like driving).

5. hiro

hiro pursue it

I love vacationing everywhere.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

im pretty simple. it's in a cabin outside rehoboth beach delaware. spent a month to three months there for a year.. .have since i was one.- we wake up between 8 and 11... have eggs and bacon or go out and then head out to the beach. stay there for about seven hours, boogie board, eat lunch, shop and play skee ball at intervals, read read read, sleep, etc...

come back to the cabin, shower, and either eat dinner there or go out....

eat dinner out or snack.. walk the beach, snack, shop, and relax on our screened in porch

simple but ill never get bored of it and i love it :)

7. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Niagara Falls, or anywhere else in Canada for that matter.

8. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

the best thing is... and it's sad too.. my family has been going to these cabins for generations and the lady that owns them is 96... she has no more living family and when she dies (which i dont want her too but she is 96 now)- my family might get it.

9. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I love east texas. Nacodoches(sp?). We went to hang out at the little white shack and ended up going to this nature place instead because the little white shack is on a busy road and I have young kids. There were alot of mushrooms there and I had my fun tripping times after the kiddies went to sleep! Pot was everywhere. There were buses parked to stay in and a bunch of other kids chilling there at the time. We enjoyed the beauty of the place and continued on our journeys about a week later. The only complaint I had were the fire ants. I ended up looking like I had a bad rash because of all the bites. It sucked. They got everywhere. I felt so bad for my babes, I covered them as much as I could but the ants got in everything and they ended up getting a few bites too. But otherwise it was the best relaxing time I had.

10. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Someplace warm! God I hate winter!!!!!

11. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i hate fire ants! basterds!

i like the orgeon coast, like cannon beach its beautiful the giant rocks shooting out of the water. when i was little i went there every summer with my grandparents, until my grandpa died:(

i also like ocean shores in washington. i usually go there every March(and hopefully i will again this year)

im a ocean vacation type person

12. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Amsterdam, only 3 weeks to go and I'm off again to smoke a serious amount of marijuana.

13. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Austria/Switzerland: snowboarding in the Alps
    Spain (Barcelona): wild partying, hanging out with random (and awesome) people, chilling in the parks and playing bongos...
    Finland: HOME! Friends!
    Those are probably my favourite ones. But I've pretty much loved all the countries I've been to. And I still feel like I'm on a vacation in my new hometown (Brighton), because this is such an exciting and beautiful place.

14. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Wow, some good spots, and I enjoyed the Oregon coast, Washington coast, and the Napa valley too.

My favourite, though, is the west coast trail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]