Vacationed in the Smoky Mountains

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by admitted_glutton, Sep 21, 2006.

1. admitted_glutton

admitted_glutton Member

Hi there, Tennesseans! I just visited your fair state last spring and loved it. Memphis in particular was awesome -- loved the Civil Rights Museum, Graceland, and Central BBQ (the best ribs I've ever had... blew Corky's out of the water by the way. Feel free to disagree). Anyway, my travel buddy wrote this article trying to capture what we experienced down in the Smoky Mountains -- How To Vacation in the Smoky Mountains. I'd like to know what you think of it, so he can get a feeling for how Tennesseans would react to his characterization. I think his article could benefit. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

2. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

I would suggest to add, and next time you visit see it yourself, to see the outdoor drama Unto These Hills while in Cherokee. It is awesome and something you shouldn't miss.

I guess the rest of the article is good. Living in East Tennessee I have been exposed to all the tourist info a lot so excuse me if I don't get excited. [​IMG] It is good enough for the tourists anyway.