Using LSD/psychedelics for the first time...

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Dan33, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Dan33

Dan33 Guest

I have been very interested in exploring psychedelics but would like to learn a little more from people with experience. I have read up all of the basics on Erowid.

I am a regular cannabis user and have also used MDMA but do not any more. I don't have an extremely high tolerance to drugs & alcohol due to an extremely high metabolism, I'm 130 lbs and 5'8". I occasionally get nervous when trying something new for the first time. A friend telling me about a bad trip has also put my off slightly.

I have been advised that LSD would be the best first psychedelic, however I have also been told that I may wish to try psyclobin or DMT.

It may be hard for me to find an ideal place to drop acid for my first time, I live with family in a fairly loud urban neighborhood with a fair share of local idiots. It may be possible to check into a hotel for a night.

Some advice based on the above points would be great!

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You should be aware that there are some chemicals that can be passed off as "acid" or LSD, which can be potentailly hazardous to your health such as NBOME.

Assuming that you have LSD, I would recommed 2-3 hits. Due to other chems being passed off as LSD, on my most recent LSD trip with blotters, I took 1 hit under the tongue and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to see if I could notice any pronounced bitter/numbing taste in my mouth which is characteristic of NBOME and most other dangerous chems passed off as LSD, before I went to dose the rest of my hits.

That environment you mention doesn't sound ideal for an LSD trip, I've had a couple LSD trips in a similar environment tho, one of them primarily the whole trip and have enjoyed them for the most part. The trip I spent the majority of it in my room, however it can feel confining if you don't have much space and especially if it's new for you it may not be the best environment. If you have some calm, open area or nature-y area that you can travel to and not constrained by time that may be more worthwhile to explore.

Lower doses of LSD have some similarities with MDMA although a different feel, it's a open, idealistic headspace with sensory enhancement , more visuals, and you have a fairly good grasp on reality yet caught up in thoughts, emotions and reverie. It's not as reassuring as MDMA usually, but is generally more introspective. When you get around ~200 ugs stronger shifts in consciousness occur, significant visual distortions, rapid emotional lability, and lots of interesting mental phenomena.

If you're not really in the circle of some seasoned trippers, I'd probably recommend you seek mushrooms due to the issues with purity of acid these days, but if you are sure you have LSD, I think you should attempt to find a calm, comfortable setting and try it.

3. Yeah be careful with what "acid" you buy someone tried to sell me acid at a festival yesterday and i asked them if it was LSD then they said no it really upset me and i asked if it was nbome and she said it was 4meo pcp and she laughed like if it was a joke.. i just stood up and walked off its pathetic what people will try to sell you

4. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

go with mushrooms.

Like the others said...
    Be careful with street level drug dealers.

I think you should trip in your room. Put on some nice music, have some food, tasty drinks and a bucket in case you puke.

I like trippin out in my room. You can do it too. Just act like your sleeping if someone tries to bother you. Do it at night!

5. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Mushrooms might be a better start, shroom trips are usually shorter and less intense.

Set and setting is of course very important. Nature is pretty much always the best setting IMO, but as long as you are somewhere you are comfortable and there's no people there you don't like/can't handle, you should be fine.

6. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Hmm, intensity is down to the dosage.. most of my mushroom trips have slammed the shit out of my LSD experiences in regards to intensity, although I plan to set that straight fairly soon :p

7. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

What dose are you planning to do? 400+ ? Be ready to meet god!
    dosages can be tricky. I had amazingly smooth 300 mic experiences with very cool visuals and mind shattering 200 mic experiences with a lot less visual activity!.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yeah, in my experience mushrooms can be a lot more "unforgiving" when it comes to dealing with harsh shit inside. LSD has always been very nice to me, shrooms tend to give me a psychic spanking. :p

For the smoothest, most alert psychedelic trip while sticking to natural is mescaline. Awesome substance.:2thumbsup:

9. MeatyMushroom

I dunno, between 3 and 5 of my better ones, whatever they're dosed at. The number of tabs changes every time I think about it so I really don't know :p Seeing as the most I've munched at once was 2, and I know for sure the goodies I have are a fairly more potent than those, I really have no idea what I'm in for.. but when do you with these things? Either way it's gonna be enough..

Mescaline is very much on my list.. I feel that's "my" drug from what I've read/heard.. so even without any experience, I'd recommend that too :p

Can buy San Pedro's from nurseries up on the east coast here as well, so I might have to buy one to look at. I've always thought it's a rather handsome cactus..

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Try 5 hits...

I find LSD more intense than Shrooms as well but I'm sure there is individual variation, a full on acid trip seems to saturate my mind more thoroughly than Shrooms which makes it more difficult to discern altered thinking from normal thinking. I find myself often feeling on the verge of losing my sanity (if not feeling I have lost it) with acid as I find it has an unyielding edge to it, the velocity at which my thoughts and emotions fluctuate seem a pace quicker with acid as well, throw in a duration nearly twice as long and it can be pretty mentally taxing. Shrooms seem more intoxicating to me, so I feel like a lot of it seems more absurd and silly. That's not to say I haven't had difficult Shrooms trips as well but I'm usually able to sink into the Shroom trip more and traverse different parts of the experience if I get in A mentally difficult spot with more ease.

11. MeatyMushroom

..but.. I'm scared.. :(

:D

Bottoms up though I s'pose.. I'll let you guys know eventually :p