Uses for Aspirin

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by muttlover, Sep 20, 2011.

1. muttlover

muttlover Member

I had read many times about people using aspirin masks on their face or crushing a few, dissolving them, and using it on ingrown hairs/razor bumps. Finally, I decided to give it a go.

I LOVE IT! I crush some up and mix it into my normal gel that I wash my face with. It makes an awesome scrub, my pimples have been fewer and farther between, and it makes my skin feel super soft. I leave the soap and aspirin on my face until it dries and then rinse it off. Not only have I had fewer pimples, but my usually oily skin has been a TON better. My only warning would be to make sure you don't do this too often, maybe just two or three times a week at most, because any more will dry out your face. Also, my skin is definitely NOT sensitive, so maybe other people would be a bit irritated? I don't know. For how much a bottle of generic uncoated aspirin cost though, it's definitely worth a try.

Also, I have always had crazy bad issues with bumps along my bikini line. I tried a lot of things, but I wasn't going to go out and buy some expensive bottle of chemicals to dab on down there. So instead, I mixed up a couple of aspirin some regular rubbing alcohol. Yes, this WILL burn if you have just finished shaving, but it has helped me a lot with razor bumps and ingrown hairs. I just put some on a cotton ball and dab some one right after I shave and a few times during the day for a few days afterward. It helps (but not as much as the Aspirin helped my face).

Anyone else used aspirin in odd ways that really worked? Or that didn't work so well?

2. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid and the main ingredient in many acne products is salicylic acid in a gel, so presumably, aspirin would do the same thing as those gels, but since YOU are compounding the gel, you can make it much stronger and more powerful than the store-brand version (which is probably limited in its concentration of salicylic acid by the FDA).

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've extended an aspirin facial mask to a scalp mask when I was in a not enough water to hair wash situation and had build up on my scalp.

I've also used it for exfoliation on my feet.

4. walsh

walsh Senior Member

There's probably a good reason for that - salicylates in high concentrations can be toxic or fatal even absorbed through the skin, as in this case: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2859737/