USA's Future?? (given the BS of the recent past)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Use of the label "conservative" for these people stretches the language.. They are right wing nativist radicals bordering on fascist..

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Anything is possible, but based on past experience, some things are probable--e.g., that the Republicans will take control of both houses of Congress after the November elections this year and make it their sole focus to undermine Biden, thereby paving the way for a Trump presidential victory in 2024--and might succeed. Trump will then try to consolidate his power by undermining democracy. After that, we'll have to see how Americans react to a an authoritarian narcissistic crime boss, and an incompetent one at that, in office. He's been there before, but this time all the guard rails will be off.

scratcho likes this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

The difference is in the fact that in today's world with all the technology sanctioned for us by essentially the new robber barons they have crafted the perfect toolset with which to help purge that "excess pressure" you speak of which historically, inevitably, brings us to a purging point in a rather efficient manner these days. Kept just at the cusp of boiling because we're not dumb enough to think we've actually achieved "civilization" in its true sense so they can't totally placate us or we'll get suspicious and lazy.
    They've been ranching us cattle for millenia now, only the faces change.

Exactly what Huxley had warned of in the 60's with "the next great revolution", the perfect psycho & pharmacological manipulation of the ?asses and began in the 70's roughly around the time where we see wage stagnation become the norm.

Hope nobody is holding their breath for any great improvement in the immediate future

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

those robber barons had as much control over society as anything going on now. Henry Ford had a kind of overt army of spies. Check into the history of all the demon stuff those guys pulled. Carnegie? Like the anti-Christ. JP Morgan? All those guys.

hey, in my own head, it is all frequently doom.

but I am not sure my own head is right.

History Channel did a good series on these guys. Now we have ideas of conspiracies of what goes on. But what these guys did, eventually all became public knowledge....

The Men Who Built America Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY Channel

5. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

hope everyone has a good day. time for me to get off Mr. Computer and pretend I have a life (which I don't).

I will now obey whatever the voices in my cats' heads tell me to do...

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Just to add another case to the file on political demagoguery and ignorance here in Trump country, Oklahoma Senator Nathan Dahm filed a bill yesterday that would stop the federal government from transporting what he calls “political prisoners” from the January 6th incident at the U.S. Capitol through Oklahoma, through our airspace or over our roads. This man and/or his constituents are examples of the failure of basic political education in our stat. First of all, one would think a legislator would be aware that under the U.S. constitution the Commerce clause of Art I, Sec. 8, cl. 3 prohibits states from interfering with the transport of persons across state lines, and also that the Supremacy Clause, Art. VI, cl.2, makes clear that federal laws and treaties and actions taken pursuant to them are the supreme law of the land, and any state laws that conflict are null and void. He probably does, but he and his fellow legislators in this state introduce bills like this--putting the Ten Commandments here and there on state property and other blatantly unconstitutional actions--to promote an image to the stupid folks who put them in office. It costs the voters money defending futile causes in court, but what the hey. And those "political prisoners" he's talking about were arrested or convicted of acts of insurrection and violence during the mob attack on U.S. democracy a year ago. Nonsense on stilts!

scratcho, erofant, soulpoker and 2 others like this.
  7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Oklahoma doesn’t control it’s airspace, or any federal highways. Is he actually too stupid to know this?

~Zen~, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm.....

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Possibly. Or maybe stupid like a fox. He knows his constituency!

scratcho likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes. And delusional.
    The ends justify the means.
    The Quest for Power.

erofant, ~Zen~, Tyrsonswood and 2 others like this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

I'll disagree with this to a point. I believe that those who want another civil war (several reasons - for power [as always], white supremacy / racism, belief in fascism) are USING information - or rather the distorting of it - to instigate that civil war. The distortion of truth and facts ONLY WORKS if enough people are so poorly educated, so gullible & easily swayed, and apathetic enough to NOT WANT to investigate further ON THEIR OWN from multiple sources.

Poorly-educated (largely because of their own laziness), angry, desperate people will grab on to any "easy answers" offered up by those clever and deceptive enough to take advantage of that anger & desperation. The naming of a "scapegoat(s)" is typical ammunition by the latest "savior individual" promising to make everyone's lives better. Look back through history, and even today's world. Military coups happening in various places, insurrections ......... and then here in the world's bastion of liberty .......... we have the FASCIST SHIT-SHOW begun by T**** and those REPUBLICANS committed to destroying democracy for fascism.

For anyone who T-R-U-L-Y believes in our Constitutional democracy ......... anyone involved with, or supportive of - overturning a free & FAIR election, rigging the electoral system to guarantee one-party, fascist rule by ANY means ....... should be in prison.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

Fanatical and FASCIST. Some of their words and actions are straight out of the fascist playbook.

13. erofant

erofant Members

The ones who fraudulently voted in my state were found FACTUALLY to be REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!! True fact. People in glass houses ......... better stop being lying HYPOCRITES and clean their own house first.

Rich, conservative REPUBLICAN donors have shoveled HUGE amounts of campaign money to Manchin and Sinema to buy their votes to blow up any such actions by Democrats to reign-in the fascist, LYING REPUBLICANS.

scratcho likes this.
  14. erofant

erofant Members

The KEY WORDS ......... con man T**** .......... and desperation by a large number of people. Trouble is ........ they grabbed at a ROTTEN LIFE-LINE. T**** was a P.O.S. his entire life - long before he even thought about running for office.

The "base" ........ many poorly educated, desperate, GULLIBLE LEMMINGS. The REPUBLICAN politicians are just taking advantage of them by their votes.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  15. erofant

erofant Members

He probably knows it - but his REPUBLICAN BASE doesn't - and they don't really care. They just want someone to be/ act "TOUGH." Sooooo ...... they vote for him - and others like him.

scratcho, stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  16. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Somewhere in the convolutions of a Republican mind there is a fear of the day when White Christian Conservatives will no longer get preferential treatment in America. They fear they will no longer get free money from the government for farmland they set aside. They fear their employer will no longer pay them more than Blacks, Browns, or women. They fear traffic cops will no longer let them get away with a DUI after a football game. And they fear Democrats will come after their AR-15 guns.

scratcho, MeAgain and Flagme15 like this.
  17. erofant

erofant Members

For decades in this country, no one could own such a weapon. I'm old enough to remember - and I hunt. When semi-automatic shotguns were legalized, there was somewhat of a "stink" about those - but mainly from hunters who thought semi's were unethical weapons. NO ONE whined and bitched that they weren't allowed by law to own automatic weapons!!! But back then ........... no political BIG MOUTH (Republican or Democrat) was scaring people into thinking their "Constitutional rights" were being violated by a legislated LAW that prohibited owning automatic weapons. Only the military was permitted to own such weapons - and everyone was FINE with that law. But then some P.O.S. decided he could literally SCARE UP some votes by convincing them that BIG BROTHER was coming to take all their guns (not true!) ............ and because many people ARE STUPID DOLTS ........ it worked. Today we have citizens ready to shoot and kill other citizens because of ANOTHER LIE ........... you know - "good Christian folks" ready to murder their fellow Americans over THE B-I-G L-I-E.

Lies + dim-witted dolts = loss of democracy, installing a fascist regime, and DEATH.

I've said it on this forum and others numerous times ......... Get ready for the fall of the U.S into fascist dictatorial HELL. The majority of U.S. REPUBLICANS POLLED SAY THEY WANT IT - CIVIL WAR. 73% of them.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The "base" must have missed history classes...

They want a right wing authoritarian government because of their "freedums"

What authoritarian government in history allowed it's populous to be armed? To have free speech? Freedom of assembly?

I'll wait...

19. stormountainman

A true sportsman would never use such a weapon. A true sportsman would use a single shot rifle.

erofant, ~Zen~ and MeAgain like this.
  20. stormountainman

Just think: Saddam Trump!!!!!

erofant and ~Zen~ like this.