USAF shoots down another "object".

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Piobaire, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

A US fighter jet has shot down an unidentified high-altitude object at 40,000 feet over Alaska that was the size of a small car but the nature, purpose or origin of the object remains unclear. US officials said the targeted aircraft brought down on Friday was considerably smaller than the Chinese balloon downed last Saturday over the Atlantic, and carefully avoided characterizing it as a balloon, drone or plane. Unlike with the balloon which was shot down on Saturday, the origins of this aircraft could not be estimated. The object was first spotted on Thursday, and US warplanes were launched to intercept and examine it. It was shot down at 1:45PM EST on Friday.
    “The object was about the size of a small car...cylindrical and silver-ish gray” and giving the appearance of floating. “All I say is that it wasn’t ‘flying’ with any sort of propulsion.”

buck rogers.jpg

Unidentified object shot down over Alaska by US military, White House says

Echtwelniet and MeAgain like this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    skip likes this.
  3. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Clearly, the sky is not a free space.

If I were to invent a new vehicle or craft capable of air travel - even something as small as a volkswagon - I guess I could kiss my ass goodbye if I ever dared to use it.

Alice in SC and wilsjane like this.
  4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Since the suspect objects were over two oil fields in the US and Canada, I'd guess they were commercial drones monitoring the fields for spills and other issues. They're probably in the air 24/7. Given what's at stake in those fields, I wouldn't be surprised that keeping an eye on things is the prudent thing to do.

Echtwelniet and themnax like this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Bumping into each other in the sky, tends to have nasty consequences, So like stopping at red traffic signals, you have to tell air traffic control what you are doing and where you are doing it. LOL

themnax and MollyCuddled like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think we need to start asking questions first and shooting later. just my personal h.o.
    we know about the first object. china admitting it was launched from their territories.

but the three since then, 'we', or at least what the public has been informed, know nothing.
    what if the galactic welcome wagon just has extremely poor timing.
    they might know about nations and requesting permission before entering their airspace,
    but could the reasonably be expected to know anything of standard proceedures for doing so?

granted these objects are not real likely to have not come from the surface of our world.
    maybe some highschool kid's experiments in anti-gravity?

just saying the unknown being unknown is wide open.
    are we really following the safest or most logical course by shooting first and asking questions later?

i'm always skeptical of that being so. however out there alternatives might be.

---

there are proceedures for gaining permission for experimental craft with the faa, not following them, then yes, you might as well kiss a home made object goodby.
    (remember the guy with the lawnchair and a bunch of party baloons? i think that was less then a couple of decades ago)

---

i'm really curious to see, and why we haven't yet, photographic immages of any of these, so far three, other objects.

Echtwelniet and Toker like this.
  7. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Sorry but we'll give this planet a pass. So fucking paranoid! Come on, Gort, let's flee this two bit planet and take a holiday on Rigel 5 instead. They don't deserve this cure for cancer in my hand!

8. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

10. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I wonder how many more till we win the BIG prize?
    Murica, yeeeeah!
    Thank god they arent transparent or we'd have less to laugh about.

Eric! likes this.
  11. FritzDaKatx2

The x files hits close to home at times

tjr1964 and Toker like this.
  12. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

LMAO! Thank you for the laughs and letting me know I missed the whole last season of the X-files.

~Zen~ and FritzDaKatx2 like this.
  13. FritzDaKatx2

It's a good one, and no time like the present

Check out The X-Files, Season 11 on Freevee. It's free to watch! https://freevee.app.link/yJp1Guwtnxb

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I watched the one last night where the AI locked them up and tried to kill them to get them to give a tip to a robot sushi chef.

I laughed a LOT.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

These cylindrical UFO's are commonly reported at low altitudes. There are collected citizen logs of sightings available on-line.

MUFON is one such collector.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    tjr1964 and ~Zen~ like this.
  17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

We will beware of the govt. They may perpetrate an alien invasion fraud :motive: to unite the world agin
    a common threat. This is an existing theory. The threat only need be anxiety.

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

You know, if trump was still prez, he would be using the Space Force.

~Zen~ likes this.
  20. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Here's an idea... Junk in the skies. Sky trash.

Every day they launch about 2,000 weather balloons around the world.

Hundreds from the USA alone.

The Guardian News has the following description:

What is sky trash?

Sky trash – much like space trash – encompasses a variety of objects within the stratosphere, anywhere from 8km to 40km above our heads.

“All kinds of stuff has been launched over the years. Normally it falls to Earth but some accumulates,” says Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer at Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

These objects – predominantly balloons – are used to monitor the weather, conduct scientific research that can’t be done on the ground or to check things on Earth that can’t be seen by a satellite.

“The simple fact is they’re cheaper to fly than a satellite, you can put up many more … and resolution can be better because they’re closer to Earth,” says Brad Tucker, an astrophysicist and an astronomer at the Australian National University.

These balloons are launched by governments all over the world, as well as by scientific research groups and private companies.

themnax and Toker like this.