US spends $800/h on exposing the smallest gardens

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Terrapin2190, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Just saw something on the news (counter-statistics, you could say) saying that the US Government spends $800 and hour on finding and destroying the tiniest marijuana gardens in various mountains and hills. Sending out 40 State Troopers per excavation to seek and destroy gardens as small as 5 plants per area! Spending 1.4 million dollars with every run, maybe even more. That's 40 State Troopers at $800 an hour PLUS fuel costs for helicopters PLUS bonuses for those that actually find these gardens. Just a few years ago, they would find marijuana gardens containing around 1000 plants per field. Now, with the laws being so ridiculous (anywhere from 5-40 years in prison for 5 marijuana plants), it seems that people have limited their garden size.

First of all, it's 5-40 years in prison for only 5 plants... that seems a little steep in my eyes. I mean, it's a recession! There aren't a lot of jobs to be had with factories shutting down, businesses being forclosed on... not to mention people being run out of house and home because they don't have enough money to pay their property taxes. Second, our government is spending 1.4 MILLION dollars for every marijuana destruction run, with most likely more than 5-10 parties per day which would make about 5 runs each coming back for fuel? One of the reasons we're in a reccession because people are using so much money and precious fuel to erradicate something that isn't even that much of a problem. The war on drugs has really created a war on the economy. And they say it's dangerous?? I mean, it's not like crack or meth. You smoke a joint, you don't want to go out and rob cars or beat the crap out of your girlfriend, you just want to sit on the couch, relax, maybe eat a couple bags of cheetos and call it a frickin day genius!

This is ridiculous. With everyone in tears, with no money, soon enough no house to even live in... it's like the great depression, where people would brew moonshine and different types of alcohol. Not because it was illegal, but because the demand was so high, people would do it because they needed the money. All these poor chaps are doing is trying to keep a roof over their heads and put food on the table. When all of a sudden, they're thrown to the ground with a boot stomped on the back of their head and 25 machine guns in their face. I can understand the enforcement agencies wanting to ensure their own protection... but to take them for everything they have when THEY HAVE NOTHING TO BEGIN WITH?? These laws have got to change and someone needs to take a stand... when I say someone, I mean a sum of one people. I've heard things about marijuana being medically legalized by 2012, though it seems like a far fetched idea, Prop 19 in California did almost pass only by a difference of around 5 votes. Make the change! Protect the people. Or at least give them something to work with after all the chaos you bring them into. Leave them something. Come on.

I don't know about all the technical crap, but it really just seems way out of hand to me. What do you think??

2. slappyman

slappyman Member

This whole subject makes me livid, not only do these poor folks face prison time but the also face the prospect of losing their property and homes because of seizure laws. Our elected officals, not all, but a majority just don't care about anyone but themselfs and what lobbies and corporation who apparently can donate as much money as they care to thank's to recent Supreme Court decisions. Until people start letting our leaders know if they don't represent what we want their careers are going to be short, either thru voting them out or hell even starting recall petitions if that is posssible. But that won't be easy as people are just trying to make it day by day.

I could go on for pages, but that's for another day. Feel free anytime to contact me as I've spent the last year learning everything I can find about our bullshit cannabis laws.

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

thats just the potato chips and toilet paper cost.. the real figure is $10,000/hr easy

4. slappyman

slappyman Member

At least they now sit back kicking back some ice cold brews bragging to each other how they've made the U.S. that much safer before they attempt to drive home drunk.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Just fuel costs for heli's?

I know there's cheaper private stuff and all, but I've heard that it costs 3 million to get a military chopper off the ground, each and every time... I expect law enforcement aircraft are similar. Not sure how true that stat is, but I'd beleive it.

I expect that's due to maintainence personell, parts/service, ammunition/ordinance, fuel, pilot time and training, weather monitoring and the like, and more. But still, all together.... that's a holy FUCKTON.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

you cant find crack cocaine with a helicopter.. difficult to catch small crack and other drug smugglers.. The product is small.. your driving down the road with a bag of crack its easy to get rid of.. Id like to see you toss the Volcano vap out the window .. its will be recovered as quickly as a handgun..

The pigs pick on the weak.. They know the stoner is passive.. How long til this passiveness expires?. Sure there are drug gang/cannabis farmers with assault weapons : 9xs out of 10. The pigs are passing these operations up, due to the fact they may be killed themselves with other rival drug gangs..
    The police pick on the innocent civilians, the hardship cases also because the defendants can not make bond.. This is all they have now a few scrawny marijuana plants, bills piling to the ceiling, medical expenses and NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION..

its much easier to control a weak inmate in prison. If you overcrowd a prison with harsh offenders. you need more manpower at this prison, or a more secure detention facility.. This is way many prisons are coded 1,2,3,4,5a,5. a 5 being SUPERMAX.. Because all inmates entering the system are level 5 til classified.. pot growers would probably fall in the range of 3, Minimum, but this is a bullshit prison system. The LEVEL 3-2 are basically not locked down all the time.. level 2s can go outdoors....

Its this LEVEL 3 system that continues to stay in business with minor offenses.. A system that turns adults into slave children. The entire system is controlled by the fear of a shotgun. Inside and out.

Its a business and stays in business this way, among others within the system like phone charges, outside purchases, inside purchases such as commissary. These companies bid to sell products to the inmates. Its like a kid on XMAS morning.. If you never been inside a max or any prison for the matter on Commissary day. Its a mad house....

in large states you can move inmates all over, since you have many prisons, this takes the toll on family visiting, also a much unneeded waste of fuel..

Speaking of fuel, Have you ever seen a transport hub prison?... there each and everyday 30 greyhound buses converge to move inmates across the state. Can you just imagine the cost of fuel?..

I didnt want to tell anyone cause its a big secret.. you can Turn Cannabis into Fuel and power 1000 buses....

The local, state and federal government is fucked in the united states.,. The most offenders in prison in the world. The united states, its a prison - just look at its borders..

7. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

the usa.. 5% of the world's population, and 25% of the world's prison population... fact

8. broony

broony Banned

When are the people going to stand up as a whole and kill these motherfuckers that our controlling our lives due to there own interests?

Are you gonna let them make you have a license to get your mail?

SOOOOOOO many people have to much faith in the gonverment. Even when they disagree with something they are doing they believe they are fighting to make it better.

for real wake the fuck up.

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

broony, you should probably watch out talking about killing people. this is at least the 2nd time i've seen it.:sultan:

maybe you meant to say 5%? but i think it was more like 10%, as in 55% against and 45% for. but that's still a shit-ton of votes. like thousands, maybe tens of thousands.

and about the topic...yeah, all this shit sucks. but to be honest, i really don't know what to do about it. feels kinda hopeless which i know is the wrong way to feel, but it's true. guess i don't feel like being a martyr for the cause. i'd rather just do my own thing, and not draw any attention.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

you missed alot pork.. welcome back..:)

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

did i go somewhere?

12. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

maybe not kill, but i won't be feeling sad if one of my molotovs catches them on fire

13. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This is one of the main reasons that the law enforcement establishment is so dead set against lgalization. So many of these guys jobs depend on these overblown raids. I have a friend who got busted brokering about 200lbs, which sounds like alot but is really not that much of total consumption. The cops must have spent millions to arrest him. It turned out they had been investagating him for over a year, with mutiple dectives following him around, running paid informents, and acountants auditing his whole life. When they arrested him they sent the S.W.A.T. team and everything to kick his door down at 4am, eventhough this kid was basically a non-violent person who never hurt anybody and whose only crime was selling weed(and I supose money laundering). He was charged in Fedreral court as a "kingpin", the trial went for several weeks with mutiple prosecuters working on the case. What a waste of resorces that could have gone toward fighting real crime. Best part is that he eventually won on a tecnicallity haveing to due with the cops fucking up on how they handeled eveidence.

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

The problem seems that the elected officials have demonstrated quite convincingly that they couldn't possibly care any less about what regular folks think. This is a representative democracy for the people only in idealistic public school indoctrination and election year propaganda. The United States federal government shows little if any intention of respecting popular opinion- they spin their corporate friendly fascist policies to convince a population that has been intellectually compromised by public education and a consumerist economy that rewards greed that they are in their best interests when those policies are anything but.

We live under a criminal regime.