Us Military Transgender Ban, Wtf Is This Really About

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Is that even true, the perception that true transgenders are more likely to want to attempt suicide at one point.

And by true transgenders, i mean ones that know by six years old.

Or is in part just what most of the rest of everyone wants to believe and everyone just runs with it.

Sure you can dig up a website or two that twists it the way they want.

But if you delve into the figures you see a different picture

Try and find anywhere that tells you the suicide rates for trans that self reported early, at 6 years old

The suicide rate for straight males is 4 times higher than females in certain age ranges, under 25, over 50

Rates for all LGBT are higher in teens- at a time when everyone gives too much of a shit what other people think, but then drop off later on in life, and how many of those are actually bisexual, caught in between.

How many trans that suicide arent actually trans but have some other identity disorder

Knowing what you are very early on, ones of the most important things in life really, whether its sexuality, identity...or how succesful you are going to be as a world class tennis player, or knowing what you want to do career wise.

I say all this becuase you said social alienation - like fitting in with all the suburban dweebs is important. Its definitely nowhere near as important later on than it is in high school. Nowadays i dont want to have anything to do with most people. Its all about money, and keeping ones self busy (working) so you dont go nuts.

No one else really gives a shit about you as you get older, unless you have money, and this happens to EVERYONE

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And in another twist McCain killed the Obamacare death bill

Oo-rah!

So Trump will probably fizzle/backtrack on this trans in the military thing

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Well, this sure isn't the first time I've been spanked for being a Bad Republican, lol. I was called that when I supported Ron Paul and refused to support McCain. Now look were McCain got us with his recent healthcare vote.

Anyhow I must ask you, NeopreneQueen, would it be a Civil Rights issue if it was about keeping schizophrenics out of the military? Transgenderism (gender dysphoria) is a mental illness of the disillusion kind. The truth may be harsh, but it isn't bigoted. Disorders only have as much stigma against it as people are willing to assign to it. Today, people have no problem calling depression, autism, PTSD, as mental illnesses, yet these same people get very defensive when you acknowledge what transgenderism really is: a mental illness. Again, I'm not saying that transgenderism is a disorder to be mean. Yes, one can weaponize the fact that it's a disorder against someone with the diagnosis in the form of an insult (and that's uncool). But it's wrong to be hiding the fact that it is a mental illness and a disorder out of political correctness as well. The way the media is trying so hard to normalize transgenderism really does a disservice to those who really have gender dysphoria.

I'm glad you're also on board that the government should not be paying for sex change operations. Because what people fail to realize is that sex changes and hormone therapy don't guarantee a cure. Sometimes, they regret ever going down that irreversible path, and wind up killing themselves anyway.

Now I'm not painting all trannies under the same brush here. Some are quite content with themselves after they've undergone the hormone therapy and feel that their life is back on track after transitioning, and many can function just fine in polite society. But the recent social justice policies that are being put in place in the name of sticking-up-for-trans-people, are problematic in of themselves. Like in healthcare for example; different levels of medications affect men and women differently. If we let the liberals get away with making gender a social construct, and allow citizens to make up their own gender. How are the medical practitioners going to know to give the patient the right dosage of medicine the patient requires? And it would be naive to think that perverts won't take advantage of transgender bathroom mandates either.

Also, I'm not saying transgendered people are physically inferior to normal people. But still, a female-to-male tranny still has the physical capabilities of a biological female, so she probably isn't fit to take on male related roles in the military. (That's right, I said normal people because transgenders make up 0.03% of the population in America. A number too small to be normal.)

So yes, I can see your point about this being about the government being able to practice discrimination. But if they don't pass the physical and mental health background check, then don't call it discrimination when they can't pass basic training.

1 person likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

The military is a mental disorder. [​IMG]

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its not one, but it has some mental disorders, that's for sure. Don't mean transgender soldiers though

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL Nothing wrong with supporting Ron Paul. The party needs more people like him. His only problem was that he was too Republican for the Republicans. He had my support in the primaries.

Anyway, we're not talking about schizophrenia. Schizophrenics have found their way into the military and end up usually weeded out fairly quickly because it is recognized that their mental disorders render them unfit for military service. I have seen no data to verify that being transgendered renders one unfit for military service. I keep italicizing that because that should be the main point here: that the military should deny entrance to those whose physical and or mental ailments make them unfit for duty. Going after an entire demographic--not matter how small it is--and just assuming they are unfit for military service (despite zero evidence to corroborate this) is discrimination.

This was Trump pulling something out of nowhere, a Hail Mary to take the our focus off the Russian investigation. It would be different if the Pentagon came forward with a report and said, "after an extensive study, we've seen a break down in effectiveness due to the inclusion of transgendered soldiers." But that's not what happened. Pentagon officials were just as blindsided as the American public and, at present, have no immediate plans to start purging their ranks of transgendered soldiers. This is just Trump trying to accomplish stuff by waiving a magic wand--another in a long line of incidents that prove he doesn't understand conservative politics or American government in general.

7. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I'm sure it has something to do with the ol' "Making America Great Again" agenda. Don't you love it when demagogues use ambiguous and bombastic phrases to rile the crowd up and towards achieving a vaguely defined "ultimate" goal, while utilizing it as an excuse for passing questionable/contradictory laws?

[​IMG]

8. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Pence is apparently deeply involved. Perhaps they make him so sexually confused that he can't stand the ambiguity

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

transgender surgery $8.4 million
    viagara prescriptions under the BONERS FOR BATTALIONS PROGRAM, $84 million

It costs 10x as much to give the boys hards-on as it does to go under the reassignment knife, rughly

So, how does fiance enter the equation?

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I couldnt imagine with trumps policies and his blatant speeches about what he thinks about LBGT that there'd be many willing trans folk that would want to fight for the country anyway?

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Because Trump doesn't equal the United States.

Anyway, I wish he was around during the American Revolution, banning all those rouge-and-powdered-wig-wearing generals descended from British fops. You know, guys like Henry Knox, Nathaniel Greene...George Washington...

12. B. Marie

B. Marie Members

Better reread dsm5 and note the dsm6 is out .

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i aint re-reading anything i didnt read to begin with.

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't like how it works either. I feel like there needs to be a program to re-integrate them into society. Something like that could also be done for people who do long stints in jail/prison. Sometimes you really lost touch while you were away.

From my own experience (I only went away to boarding school), I needed to be re-integrated into society. I was only 15 when I came home, and it's hard to explain to people, but I had lots of catching up to do. No one was aware that I didn't feel the same as the other kids. I felt different somehow for having gone away.

And I don't think personal psychological therapy is adequate for this "re-integrating". I feel like in both cases of soldiers and prisoners some kind of group orientation should be provided that talks about, oh I don't know, perhaps how different it is being back in the world. :) Just a thought. Food for thought...

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

if war dogs are deemed unfit for society upon arrival home, then i deem American soldiers unfit too :p
    jokes.

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie