Urgent call for young hippies!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by praying4peace, May 23, 2007.

1. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Hell, yeah, I'd join!

2. lovelyhippo

lovelyhippo Member

I would love to join!

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I really like your ideas and I'm sorry that you don't have anyone to connect with where you are. I'd totally join you physically and help you and talk to you and so on, but I live in the U.S.

4. Kollontai

Kollontai Member

i am going to join u from hong kong,china..... u are not alone, we can be together!!!!!

5. Labeu

Labeu Member

yh i would love too to help out with it,yh but like the rest i live far away,belguim...

but hey we could still make it as a online thing,right? We should definetely do iy online, a worldwide network of people fighting for a differnece. Also there alot of people from completely different places( scotland,hong kong,belguim).That would help us achieve a GLOBAL understadment and also differents ideas from different places

Hell yh, im in!!

6. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

online thing ? praying4peace is looking for something _real_, not the usual e-fart which most times is the safe way to do nothing. one thing does not exclude the other, anyway.
    i wish you all the best, find a place to proudly "make a stand" !

7. Labeu

Labeu Member

yh jagerhans,i do realise that. But, as you can clearly see thats just not possible. Im not trying to make a stand by that, just trying to get to know other people of my age, with similar beliefs and ideologies, and share our views and ideads. I honestly see why not, it would be a totally kick-ass thing. But ah well:D:D
    peace out

8. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

im excited! ive had heaps of great replies.
    keep them coming!
    also id like to say.. if everone that wants to join from all the different places... did what i was planing to do where i am then we would have multiple outcomes. although im still looking for a new zealand hippie... any age now. that can help me. im still a little alone =[

anyways
    peace and love

9. Majestical`

Majestical` Member

Hey man, i'm in Australia if it helps?

We face similar issues regarding politics, the environment, etc.

10. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Yea, wouldn't that be great...like we plot to do this one big drastic thing, and then since it not only happened in one place, but all over the world, it would really start to get a lot of attention, and that's how we start, spread our message that way.

I just want to say I love you all. I don't know you guys, but i really do love you all. It makes me so happy to know there's others out there like me that feel this way.

11. ItsALoveThing

ItsALoveThing Member

All right I'm in San Diego, CA and I'll be a part of your PLUR :)

We'll make it WUPLUR

12. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Aw, sweetie...

Y'know, it always hit me as odd that I was never made fun of as a kid...or now, for that matter. I'm still a kid, I guess. I mean, people usually think I'm a stoner, sure...and they all know I'm a "hippie," or whatever you want to call it. But they've never been negative to me about it (except for my family's negative...but whatever.). I think it's because they know that I wouldn't care even if they did.

Just don't let it bother you, and make sure they KNOW that it doesn't bother you. If you stick to your guns for long enough they'll come around and figure out that maybe you're right about something after all!

Try to convert people instead of group people together. You'll be searching for a looonnnng time to find enough people of the same mindset in your area who are willing to band together...but you can convert your school mates much easier.

I've conveted a LOT of people. Not trying to build myself up...but I try and stay positive and stay myself through everything...and on most people it rubs off. :) On that people that matter, anyway. Not completely, mind, but to a certain extent. My friends aren't weirded out by some of the things that I do, and they even JOIN me! I got my family into organic and recycling. That sort of thing. Little changes.

13. Faye

Faye Member

I can understand where your comming from in middle and high school I was a lot more mature then my peers, I did and still write, a lot a sing, opera folk and jazz. Take random pics and wear whatever the fuck I want which is very electetic clothing. People made assumtions about me that weren't at all true. I was cursed at, thrown aganist lockers, called a tree hugger etc...... Now in college I don't get that anymore I go to music college so we are all fucking crazy. Where do u live if u live near Jersey we could meet up at some point? IM on AIM if ya want blinkster22 is my sn. More power to ya girl stay strong your not a lone.

14. keri65

keri65 Member

Don't fear, others will read your post and the word will spread as well as the power of your intent which can be very positively powerful.... I also believe in PLUR!!!! So~ you go girl.. I am a teacher, I live in Florida, but we can still spread the word. Go to my myspace/keri65 and post your interest! And DON'T ever make excuses for WHO you are. By being a teacher in a small-redneck town, I have been crucified for being a hippie! It can be disheartening, but I refuse to compromise on who and what I believe in. I was even told to NOT wear my PEACE sign b/c it was a broken down cross, guess what?... I never took it off!!!! Peace~n~Love, Keri

15. Dan67

Dan67 Member

Hey, I have been praying for peace for a long time. Then I got tired of just praying, I set out to make it happen. Young people, calling themselves hippies, must look at the mistakes of hippies of old and make adjustments. I hope that you will check out my personal, not-for-money website, Woodstock and Dead Sea Scroll Connections.

16. Tosca

Tosca Member

=D

No freaking way, man!

I'm fifteen and have been wanting to get something together since, well... Womad, to be honest. n_n What part of the country are you from? I'm in Taranaki.

17. megzipie

megzipie Member

awesome

i agree

live in scotland, though

kind of the other side of the world, lol

ach well

i emailed you

peace and love

18. gragon

gragon Member

I would love to join but the problem is I live in Ireland so sorrry!

but im still going to email you though

19. emisue

emisue Member

sounds amazing. but I don't live in NZ. but it'd still be awesome to be your friend. [= add me emisuewho [[yahoo]]

20. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

oh don't you all just love being a teenager. it's full of angst and experiences.

angst is too gritty for my taste.

if anyone needs anyone else to talk to, i'm here...you know where to contact me.
    *hugs*