update on my headaches...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mynameiskc, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

apparently all i needed to do was to puke in my doctor's office from my migraine.my blood pressure was so high that i had to lay down. my poor little girl was there, totally sad for me, but she's seen me sick before, so it wasn't too bad a shock for her. he gave me darvocet for the rest of the headaches, but with my blood pressure, he's not positive what other medicines to give me. since a lot of my migraines are triggered by other headaches: jaw related, clusters, tension, eye sight, he's hoping that nipping those in the bud will help reduce the number of severe migraines i get.

so wish me luck on the meds.

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Thank GOD!!!! The Darv will be fine. I've taken it during pregnancy. Don't wait until the pain is so bad you can't stand it. Take it at the first sign of pain. One of the newer rules of Migaine (which migraine sufferers have known for years and doctors are just getting around to learning) is that it takes MORE meds to kill a migrain in ful swing than to nip it in the bud.

If the Darv isn't strong enough, ask, (nicely) for some Vicodin and Fiorcet.

Good luck, I am SOOOO glad your doctor is finally taking you seriously. Wonders what puking on a doctor's rug will do. ;)

3. mynameiskc

lol. they do so hate when i do that.

i took a total of three yesterday, had nightmares all night, but i woke up WITHOUT A HEADACHE!! YAY ME!!!

lol. i was able to eat this morning.

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I used to get nightmares from codeine, but it goes away after a while.

Blessings, mama.

5. mynameiskc

thanks.