Up close and personal with the stars....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by august_moon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. august_moon

august_moon Member

Has anyone got a tale to share about bumping into a fave artist?

I went to an Alicia Keys concert a few months ago and John Butler was sitting behind me. Cool!:D

august_moon

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I went to go see Mickey Hart and Vince Welnick a few years ago and Vince came and hung out in the crowd during set break. I got to chat with him for a few minutes. I was wicked starstruck. The reason I don't like "The Dead" is because he's not in it.

Also met John Scofield after one of his shows. We talked about jazz for a while. I think he would have talked all night if I had wanted.

And I met Tony Danza at a hockey game in Minnesota. He was just sitting in the cheap seats like your average Joe. No security. No entourage. And people were so cool. No one bothered him. I don't care what they say, hockey fans are classy people in general.

I met Boomer Esiason at the airport. He nearly broke my fingers when he shook my hand. Saw Bob Huggins in the same airport. I had no idea he was so tall. Have met a few other pro athletes, but I don't get starstruck about them.

I flew on a plane with the Harlem Globetrotters. I felt so bad for the guys because most of them had to fly in coach and of course they're really tall. The guy I sat next to was really chatty. We talked a whole bunch about college basketball. He was impressed that I knew my Globetrotters history from writing a paper in grade school.

3. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

did you talk to him?

4. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

haha i have met bruce samazan...aren't i the lucky one?

5. Kiz

Kiz Member

Huh. I've only met Harry Cooper.

6. august_moon

august_moon Member

No not at that time. But a bunch of friends and I met him after one of his gigs in melbourne.

We were just hanging back waiting for everyone else to leave the theatre and he came back on stage to get his stuff so we and a few others that were left, went down and said hi.

After another gig one time, my boyfriend got chatting with him afterwards again. So if you go to see JBT stick around at the end!!

7. charbono

charbono Member

I've met U2 and Counting Crows :)