unusual feeling before sleeping

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by StonerBill, Aug 29, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I was really trying to get to sleep and id drunk no coffee so my head was a bit bigger than usual.

i slowly started drifting away.. then i had a sudden vision of being about to hit a bong with an old female friend of mine who told me off for smoking. but as soon as i thought of the bong, a HUGE sonic boom like feeling rushed over me, i heard a massive sound, my pulse raised for a moment, and i felt a rush over my body. after that point i started slipping into a dissasociated state, and the normal colourful things i see in the back of my eyelids started getting more intense. when i got up, i felt like i was moving a body that was just about turned off,the world around felt dry and stale and pointless so i slunk back down and drifed in an out for a bit of this dissasociated feeling. i felt some wierd bursts of pressure in random points on my body, and had some twitches.

im wondering.. could this have been very mild natural DMT-like stimulation? ive layed in bed a lot.. but see the night before id had broken sleep after staying up for 38 hours. this was a really wierd feeling. but most of all was the strange BOOM that i experienced, that was definately from inside of me. it was amazing, so intense, but just for a second. and after it, i started dissasociating so i thought that was wierd.

but im rather sure i had a lot of melatonin goin on at the time, im just wondering if due to my strange sleep habits, dmt production started stimulating very slightly, early?

it was just a feeling ive never felt before, i felt in tune with my mind but disconnected from it as well, with some very faint and unusual fractals in the back of my vision (i normally see stuff when i close my eyes during a more theta wave state, but this was really gripping, not necessarily more detailed than normal or anything, but really intense)

ive never tried dmt its just a though that fits in with what i experienced.

and to reiterate, ive spent half my life's nights lying in bed wishing i could get to sleep or at least be entertained by something, but its never happened before, and i wasnt even lying there for long before it started

what does anyone have to say? could it be something as simple as some sugar spike in the brain?

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

shit i just realised theres another thread on sleep related topics lol

except ive been sleep deprived many times before and ive had completely differnet experiences regarding that

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

sorry about making another thread though, i thought id read the other one

but yeh what are these unusual feeligns from not sleeping?

i remember once i had been sleep deprived and i was in maths, and i started dreaming at my desk but i was still writing, i scribbled some wierd ass shit

4. The Flow

The Flow Member

sounds like a variety of lucid dreaming to me...