unsure...

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by check., Feb 13, 2009.

1. check.

check. Senior Member

so ive been smoking weed for like 2 or 3 months now. ive never done any other drug besides alcohol, but i ordered salvia online last week so im willing to try that too. however, a few of my friends are planning on trying shrooms, like they already talked to a guy and figured it all out and stuff. im just not really sure about the whole thing... like salvia seems alright cause its only for like 5 minutes. but i dont even know where/how we would be able to trip for 8 hours without anyone finding out, and we dont have a sitter either.

i guess im willing to try it, but i just dont know how it would work or anything with us all tripping, like it just doesnt seem very safe. i dont want to be left out or miss the opportunity though.

its also really strange because my one friend who is all into trying them is really against smoking weed. so... it doesnt really make any sense at all.

i guess any advice for a first timer, or a good place to do it for the first time.
    also, how long could we expect them to last once we get them from the guy? or is there a way to make them last longer (like stay fresh or whatever) in case we cant do them right away?

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Check out www.erowid.com

That should answer a few of your questions, and tell you a little more about the stuff that you're going to consider trying. I've found that it's never really in your best interest to try something until you know absolutely everything you can about it. But maybe/probably I'm just overly cautious.

3. check.

check. Senior Member

ive read erowid before but i guess if there is any additional info or personal experiences or anything like that.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

don't do it. simple as that.

5. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

yeah, dont do it unless you have an entire day somewhere safe to your self.

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

salvia is considered to be more intense than mushrooms if done right, FYI.

Mushrooms are much longer and much more beautiful though (or horrible, if bad trip).

but anyways if you're unsure, you have fear in your heart, you're not ready.

This is what people don't get. You're ready when you're ready. You're ready when you say "Ok, lets do this" with the spirit of adventure, exploration, knowledge and humility.

this medicine is too powerful to be afraid of it

like a giant wolf in your mind, it will react to that

7. check.

check. Senior Member

well this might be the only chance i get, and i know im gonna do it anyway. i know salvia is more intense than shrooms, but its not as long of a trip and therefor a lot easier to just trip for 15 minutes and be done.

8. acidphreak

acidphreak Member

Just start with a small dose, then the trip would only be 4-5 hours.
    Also I would definitely make sure you had a place to yourselves, then you don't really need a sitter.
    Also, not that odd that your friend would be into shrooms but not weed.

9. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

You have like 75 years ahead of you. I can assure you that this won't be the only chance you'll get.

Until you have not the slightest shadow of doubt in your mind, and the house to yourself all day, and can get ahold of a sitter, don't do it.

I would most definitely listen to Nesta and Mr. Writer

Both are extremely knowledgeable on the subject of psychedelics. Trust them.

10. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I better not reveal how many times I've tripped (under 5) ;)

11. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

really? are you just talking about mushrooms here or all psychedelic trips?

12. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

all

5 ish

13. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

quality over quantity?

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Definetely, and also the ability to 'get the message'. some people need hundreds of trips before it clicks, and that's ok. i happened to only need 2 or 3. i think i just had a headstart because of the things i was interested in before even doing drugs (philosophy, psychology, zen, taoism, sufism etc)

15. hawaiiankine

rriight..like how many times does one hit themselves on the head with a hammer expecting a different result?

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

dose is very important, a lot of people take 1 hit of acid 600 times in their life, but refuse to take 5 hits of acid once, not realizing that it's a different experience.

its also set setting and all that other 99% of stuff though, the whole picture, all of it, coming together into one moment of something

17. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

^ if you're saying that less, way more intense experiences are where its at, then i agree with you.

i'm all about tripping balls off of like a 10 strip like 4-5 times a year. way better in my opinion. keeping your dose low like that doesn't open too much in the way of experimentation.

18. check.

check. Senior Member

well anyways, i'm planning on trying salvia before i do shrooms, and i am totally into smoking salvia. i think the only thing im unsure about is how we're going to get a whole day where we can stay in like one place and be completely undisturbed. its hard enough to find somewhere to go for 15 minutes to smoke weed...

19. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Precisely. Of course this is just from my own personal experience, and you happen to agree with me (as others will) but it could be the case that for others, multiple low-dose trips are better, though I sincerely doubt this :)

more catalyst = bigger reaction

20. hawaiiankine

sit in your car with it covered, roll up the windows and make a smoke chamber.