Universität Zürich

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piaf, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Too fuckin right :mad:

Bloody ridiculous. I can *just* afford it, but if I didn't have a job I wouldn't have a place to live or anything to eat.

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Congratulations, Janja! Oooh, I want to go to college overseas now, if it's that inexpensive! I know you'll do great. How do they do med school over there? In the US, you do pre-med for the 4 years of University, and then you go to med school for however long it takes. My ex's dad was in school for 8 years, I think. Do the doctors rank there like they do here with the interns, residents, and such? I love medicine, I really should go to med school myself, but it's such a time-consuming career, I don't know that I have it in me. I think I might go to school to be a nurse, though. :)

3. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Thats what Im planning on doing, Kinky!

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Thanks !

Its 6 years of med school. Then internship, which is 1-2 years. And then residency, which is 3-6 years, I think. Then you can subspecialize in a certain field if you want to.

You should really go to a nursing school. Seriously.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

thats awesome!!

sorry i'm late on the congratulations - i saw the thread earlier but dared not enter the realm of the scary foreign letters :eek:

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I was going to when I graduated high school, but came up short when it came time to pay and was clueless that you can get emergency loans and didn't qualify for any of the loans I applied for. But I think if I decide to pursue it, I'll find a hospital that will pay for my school if I sign a contract with them. I don't mind tying myself down to one place for awhile if it means I get to go to school and have a guaranteed job.

7. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

im proud of you janja;)

i should legally be able to put "Dr." in front of my name...oh...wait...i can:D