Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Posthumous, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Just finished my fucking taxes and it was a bitch this time, worse than usual. Still it feels good not to worry about it getting it done anymore.

Do you obsess over unfinished business - papers, howework, taxes, etc - and like to get it off your mind as soon as possible, or do you let it all slide without a care in the world til the last minute?

2. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I tend to procrastinate in periods of unhappiness.

I'm on top of things otherwise.

Thank God the guy did it for me.

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i dont' obsess over anything anymore. things will work out, no matter if i stay ahead or fall behind

shit, i have 2 essays for a class that are overdue, and my rewrite for creative writing that is due - plus a 5 line poem.

4. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I guess it's not very hippy of me.

5. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I'll keep that in mind, fitz. :applause:

6. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Ugh, yes and no. I have some things that I can't shake off my mind while others I pass off like a torch from one part of my brain to the back. I have ADD, so normally it's easy to move on from one thing to the next, I'm very resilient and multi-task relatively well. But I do have a tendency to compartmentalize the things that I should be doing with the things that are right in front of me. I do procrastinate - and it's usually the things in the middle on the importance scale that I wind up doing last. I take care of the big things, let the little nit-picking things have their time and place in my mind as kind of a break and then the stuff that falls in the middle tends to fester and has to wait for me to get to.

7. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I do not obsess over unfinished business,

If something is on my mind that much I get it done and over with asap.

I hate having things that I know need to be done.

Taxes bit me in the ass hard this year.