Under No Circumstances!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by LittleHip, Apr 24, 2007.

1. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

This is my own drama...
    I'd love to be free and do all the things that you're talking about!Barefooters, nudists, bathing in the rain, sleeping and travel everywhere!I d also like to be a vegeterian mecause i love animals and...oh poor ones...But my family eats meat almost every day!And we never eat fish!Almost never!What can I do?

2. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

How old are you hunny?

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

what do they eat with the meat?
    and here's an interesting take I read a while back (I have forgotten the source, sorry)
    eating fish causes more deaths than eating larger life forms (I think there was a "trash fish reference, too) so if one wanted to step down on the cruelty scale, sea creatures and fish should be FIRST to go (or eggs, I guess).
    I've thought about this a lot, and yeah, if you are ultimately going full veg to vegan, that is a seemingly smart road.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

If you want to do anything you can..what is stopping you? DO IT.

If your family wants to eat meat so what, let them!! There is nothing I dislike more than others pushing things on others, vegetarians included. I am one but could care less if others choose to eat meat. Its their choice so let em be.

5. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Yeah my family were all meateaters and still are, but i went veg at 13 and vegan at 18. Id do my own shopping (as they barely even ate fruit/vegetables, worryingly) my own cooking, made my friends meals...it was a good experience for me, it made me grow in many ways and accept their views too. Im sure there are things you can do, dont feel helpless to change

6. sweetdreadlover

of course it does matter if your under 18 and still living at home...i had a mother who would purposly put meat in everything to try and make me eat it and i had to eat what was in the house so i didnt have a choice, but if your older and have a job, or even if your younger and have a money source try buying your own food and see what you can do:)

7. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

So...let's go once again....

HI!My name is joanna, i am 15 years old...I live in Greece........and although i like meat it's a pity...Can I ask what is "veg" and what "vegan"?

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

from our frequently asked questions sticky:
    Distinctions in the veggie world:
    The most common tags to describe various vegetarian diets are:
    lacto-ovo (consumes milk and eggs), Lacto- (milk, no eggs), Ovo- (eggs, no milk), vegan (no animal or insect byproducts, usually including honey).
    Sub divisions include but are not limited to: fruitarian (only eats regenerative parts of a plant: seeds, fruit, some harvested leaves) raw vegan (food is never heated above 160 F)

People pursuing the veggie diet who still eat fish, poultry or any other flesh are still omnivores.
    We support your journey, but we might not teach you the secret handshake. :p

9. Ezzie

Ezzie Member

I went vegetarian overnight to be honest :p I was 15 too, just opened my eyes and thought "wow what crap is going on in this world", and decided to go vegetarian, been for about a year now and I'm feeling alot healthier- it's also helping me with my illness (chronic fatigue syndrome) Meat seemed to not help it :p

My mum and sister are slowly turning vegetarian it seems, they're seeming to enjoy the vegetarian meals more than the ones that contain meat so heh.

About eating fish: That's a good step, they're getting overfarmed so much it's stupid, you can get your omega 3's from flax I believe..

Offtopic: drumminmama I can't stop staring at your hair! Awesome colour :&

10. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

but even if my parents would let me do them here in greece if someone sees a barefooter just walkin down the street they ll just automatically think oh what a poor lil girl she doesn't even have the money to buy shoes...ooohhh....i hate this
    you can't even wear what u like everyone is gonna make fun of u!I hate this!
    Why can't we just be who we want to???Is that soo bad and misbehaving in a country where everyone goes with the flow?I just want to be different, OK?And they should respect them, I hate greeks, so racists and they have also sent army to help the project that Bush started!To make Iraq independent and free!So far so good mr bush and everyone who's helpin you!I just hate this situation goin on on our planet!Everyone in my school is a goth heavy metalists and you can see them wearing black clothes every day all year round!I like all the colours and I'm wearing them!That's why I have no friends, they're the same and they match perfectly, they don't want me to be around for that stupid reason..."Joanna, you, you can't even afford buying a necklace so ur making em on ur own!How can we possibly be friends with you we buy sooo many stuff when we go out!You won't be able to afford them!And you'll be sooo jealous of us and you'll be cryin all the time!"

11. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

I wasn't (secretly) eating meat for 3 months or so and then we go to this restaurant and my parents ordered everything with meat or fish in it!So i "attacked" to the fries and then dad asked why i dont eat and sth else except from fries i said that i didnt want to, he told me to eat and i refused, he insisted and when i put this little peace of meat in my mouth and started chewing eat i wanted to cry and then when i was goin to swallow it i threw up!It was so spectacular....in a restaurant....i felt so humiliated...i was cryin for days!

12. Cassifrass

Cassifrass Member

Your father can't force you to eat meat... just tell them you're not very hungry, then when you get home sneak into the fridge for some veggies..

I think your first step needs to be... Stop caring so much what others think. Live for yourself. You cannot be "free" until you do.

13. sweetdreadlover

the only time a parent needs to be aware if a childs eating habits is if their not eating at all....
    i never did understand this whole "o i dont want you to be a vegetarian" thing...its dumb

14. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

THANK YOU!I know!I'm not gonna die of hunger or sth!I just realize how cruel is to kill because ur hungry!I don't want to kill animals and eat their meat!Is that too hard 4 them to understand?They all go like "how did this come to u?"....They say that i'm doing this because I don't want to obey them and admit that they're right....and that i'm doing the exact opposite thing than the things that i should be doing...deliberatelly!uhhhh....