Uncensored & Purely Unadulterated Movie Chat

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Pete's Draggin', Jun 19, 2020.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If Matt was hitting the other hole, he would have had Ginger’s fullest attention....maybe......

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Now watching ( Coming to America ) with Eddie Murphy.

Never realized that it's a young Cuba Gooding Jr. sitting in the barbershop chair getting a trim in first barber scene. He looked 15 and only had a 15 sec part

Soul Glo

Calmerchameleon likes this.
  3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Just saw this last week.
    In the movie -Split 2016.
    It was a surprise in the last final min. of the film, Bruce Willis was sitting at the diner table.

Bruce made a comment about Mr. Glass

Weird spin ending by Shyamalan, but kinda cool. The Split guy was a villain obviously, like Mr. Glass.

4. DINO CORTEZ

DINO CORTEZ Members

I have always enjoyed the craftsmanship of Brian DePalma's movies, but this was before I started catching up on Alfred Hitchcock's amazing filmography, and watching old interviews with Alfred Hitchcock.

I am increasingly disappointed when I come to realize that yet another DePalma (or some other modern film maker) movie is just another more slick (sometimes gratuitously more violent) remake of an original Hitchcock movie.

I will gladly watch an older scratchy Hitchcock original than most remakes of his work. And of course, looking for Hitchcock's trademark appearance in the movie at the beginning is always fun. Thank goodness for "Pause" and "Rewind" today.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the movie "Dial M For Murder", instead of Hitchcock personally appearing in the movie, he was in a photograph, sitting next to, if I'm not mistaken, Groucho Marx.

Hitchcock is an authentic genius with a very clear sense of the purpose of his films (as he consistently articulated in numerous interviews) - to offer the viewer a wild entertaining "ride" that they disembark at the end of every movie, with a sense of exhilaration and relief.

I will always watch every DePalma movie, because they are usually well done, quirky and more international in culture, but aside from better film/sound technology, I don't find the same original genius in his works.

I'm curious how others might feel about original Hitchcock's vs remakes?

-Dino

5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

This Brunette I date loves old Hitchcock movies. She can't stand remakes of any kind. That's a good checkmark in the yes box for me.

I grew up wanting to be a director of movies.
    Watching original Hitchcock movies gave me a lot of insight on 1st camera and 2nd camera angles as well as final cut in editing.

6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Steve Buscemi played serial killer prisoner Garland Greene in the movie Con Air- 1997

Bad casting that part imo....
    Never should've been Steve.

But at this moment I can't think of a replacement

7. DINO CORTEZ

DINO CORTEZ Members

Hitchcock's editing took a lot of courage. The end result is surreal and melodramatic, but very watchable and compelling.

This applies to wide angle shots and closeups. In North By Northwest, he used an extreme wide angle shot of farm field, where Cary Grant was tiny in size, but the sense of being in the middle of nowhere was strong.

And his constant focus on/cutting to eyes and hands, always gets the actors' inner though across.

And the orchestrated soundtracks are half of the mood as well.

Brian DePalma does all of these things well, but Hitchcock was the original.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I just loved the van kidnapping scene

Master of puppets song
    Van chase
    Crashes
    The scared "I will fucking kill you" lady
    Rush Tackle into the river

Probably the only movie I can stomach Will Ferrell