unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by rainbow, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rainbow

rainbow Member

mark, is playing with sky in her ball pit, so heres the update~
    he went to have it looked at today and saw a different doctor at the clinic. she seemed to be a little more thurough. she said it should have been splinted, and gave him antibiotics and painkillers.

she actually gasped when she took the bandage off!

she lengthened his restrictive duty at work until wednesday, and hes gonna go get rechecked on wednesday and they are gonna take it from there. I really wish he had the antibiotics earlier, his hand is so swollen he cant get his wedding band on, or bend his other fingers all the way. BUT this doc was much better, and it feels like he got some good care today.

thanks for your caring energy and great advice. :)

2. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Some doctors are better than others...if you need stitches you usually get antibiotics. Open wounds are open invitations to bacteria...and it must have been open if it needed stitches!

I'm glad you saw a better doctor.

3. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

speaking of getting hit i have been hit in four years almost 6 times 4 this yr. 1 this yr is under insurance and i had 6 weks of therapy and 1 yr membership at a gym. My neck is screwed and my back is out and my knees are wrecked not to mention they werer wrecked in the beginning but they made them worse. I'm limited in my daily activities and can handle only 40 lbs or less (for now) i haev gotten hit by a drunk driver who thought that a red light was green and i p8ulled and strained musclles in my arms and i got rear ended while walking on the sidewalk when people back out of their drive ways. its amazing how many people should not be on the street . When i first moved here (where i live) and i got hit badly i had a fear going on sidewalks and going in cars now i just scream at everyone. man oh man!!!

Ter

4. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

How much work is available in your area? Because if they're going to treat him like that, he should really think about looking for another job.

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

what EXACTLY is his job description?..what does he do??

6. mark echo

mark echo Member

i'm basically a machine operator.....on a happier note, my thumb is way better and thi stitches come out monday. thanks for the support, everyone!

7. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

oh, a machinist! Screw machinist? :D

I remember my adoptive dad coming home from work every night smelling like machine oil. And he smelled like it months after he quit work...that smell...

8. mark echo

mark echo Member

no, machine operator. machinist fixes the machine, i'm usually the one who broke it.:D

9. rainbow

rainbow Member

one of the things mark makes is zinc oxide, ya know the stuff in balmex.

so he doesnt come home smelling like anything~~just has some white powder stuck to his arms, and back of his neck....

10. smiling_mama

smiling_mama Member

He makes pure zinc oxide? Whats the company called? I'm always on the lookout for some pure zinc oxide to use as sunblock....

11. rainbow

rainbow Member

mark can answer this best~~and i'm sleepy~~

12. mark echo

mark echo Member

what i do is cure the raw zinc oxide be adding mineral oils and milling it at high temperatures. this makes it into a insoluable powder for use in cosmetics. you can add linseed oil to make it into that sort of paste that's speadable like balmex. the actual raw powder is pretty useless until it's refined.

i think they only sell large quanities of it (100 lbs. per drum). i could e-mail you the company name if you want. we also mill organic pigments and minerals like mica and quartz, there are some really cool colors, but again it's all in powder form.

13. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I m glad you are feeling better, Mark. I read your post first, and didn't understand it and went, "Damn, how much diaper rash does this dude's baby HAVE? 100 Lbs of zinc oxide!" LOL!

A good doc makes all the difference. My dh hit himself with his own truck (NO he was not even drinking!) and the first ER we went to did a crappy job, and he ended up with nerve AND vascular damage. A good ER is essencial to getting good care.

Heal well, Mark.

14. sweetdreadlover

aahhh welcome to my hell..lol..i work with my dad in a punch press shop...i smell like that vanishing oil shit every day when i get home...i hate it...but i cant afford not to work and go to school like i want so im stuck doing shit i hate for minimum wage

15. mark echo

mark echo Member

minimum wage?! you get like 18 bucks an hour for that in jersey! get a resume and try for more money!

16. sweetdreadlover

**sigh**ive tried..no one wants to hire a tattooed pierced dreaddie mama to work for them...i was lucky when i quit walmart that my dad had a job waiting for me..if he didnt id probably still be unemployed..

17. mark echo

mark echo Member

i'm shocked its like that in oregon. arent people a little more progressive/hippie-friendly than that? what are you going to school for?