Unable to deal with failure

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bella Désordre, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

:eek:

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Silly booger butt.

3. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

oh yeah. heres an age old wisdom tidbit: dont cry over spilt milk :D

4. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

OR! "thats the way the cookie crumbles!"

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I used to be really chill. I don't know what happened. Well i do know what happened, but I don't know why I let it change me.
    Enjoy it.

6. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Sometimes that's what people (especially women) do when they're overtaxed emotionally... blow up over something insignificant. It's just a way to release all the pent up energy. By the time it gets to that point it probably can't be helped.

7. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

heheeeeeeeeee

8. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

yep that's me!

9. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I agree 100 percent.

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

How about "The grass grows of its own." :)

11. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

The thing is that nothing was taxing me emotionaly. I had just had sex with my husband earlier, my house was clean, no hormonal issues, recently lost some weight, job going well etc.
    Just boom out of no where I turned into a freaking psycho.

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Maybe it was something bothering you that was deeper beneath the surface. Like the intolerance for personal failure built up to where it became an emotional thing. But then again.. maybe you were just PMSing? :rolleyes:

13. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I am super intolerant and mean to myself. I don't know if I will ever be good enough for me. It's very sad now that I think about it. I need to work on it. I just don't know how. My solution is always "I need to do things better" or "I need to lose weight" or "I need to be a better wife" or "after I have a graduate degree I'll feel better about myself".
    I just feel like such a lazy slob sometimes. But in my head, I can figure it out and know that it's not true.
    I am def my own worst enemy.

14. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm I think unable to deal with failure is an important thing for people.UA used to have a clever sig saying "detach yourself from outcomes".That makes sense.

Anyway , in a lot of things , u cant succeed if there isnt a risk of failure.
    Think of a pilot afraid of crashing.A ski jumper.Or someone trying to invest.You cant *guarantee* against some sort of failure.
    So maybe just concentrate on doing as well as u can , for the effort u wanna put in?I'd say life is about probabilities , not certainties.

Maybe cognitive therapy , hypnosis , NLP etc would help.Maybe just learning to relax and chill and speak to people?Dunno...:)

BTW , I havent forgot about the ADD info for u , and the others who asked.Sorry , been v busy...:( :)

15. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Oh.. it's THE VOICE. Everyone has one of those. That's what THE VOICE does. It blabs on and on, spewing as much negative BS as it can come up with. If you pay attention you can hear it talking all the time.

Don't take it so seriously. Learn to laugh at it. :D It doesn't mean anything about "you"... that's just what THE VOICE does. Like a broken record. Blah blah blah. :p

16. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

yes! It's the voice and mine is so freaking mean.
    Do you notice that your voice also sounds a lot like your mom, or is it just me? :D

17. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I really like that.
    I gotta go to work and counsel people who may or may not be as crazy as me, but prob aren't and hope I don't fuck them up worse.
    Have a good day :)

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Thanks .You too :)

BTW , I dont know but have u thought about limiting the counselling?

I think of sport.Some people are always worrying about a tiny muscle soreness or whatever- missing training etc because of it.Then others ignore everything and tear a hamstring etc.

Sometimes , there's a "middle ground" - a bit of analysis/caution etc , but alot of positive thinking?
    Dont know , I'm just thinking out loud a bit..:)

19. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

to me - it just sounds like you overreacted over something stupid (which we all do.) .. there are days nothing gets to me, and days where someone can tell me I'm a bad driver and I'll get extremely defensive and almost want to cry. I think that's just life.

I think your problem is a lot more common than you think. I need to be good at everything I do or else I sort of beat myself up over it. seems like you need to work on coping.. not see a therapist

do you write.. like journal write? or meditate?

20. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Of course! Everyone has a voice like that and it's always the meanest it can possibly be. That's its job. That's what it does.

The trick is to not believe it. Because that's when we get sucked in and start feeling bad emotionally. See if you can hear it and remember that "it" and "you" are not one and the same. Then you won't take it personally. You may not be able to make that distinction right away, but just practice and it'll happen. I've done it... and feel loads better now on a regular basis. :) It's kinda like tuning in to a radio frequency that's always set to NASTY. lol! We can tune out of that and in to something else... like GRATITUDE for example. Just start thinking of anything and everything that you're grateful for NOW... big or small.. it doesn't matter. And see how fast your mood changes. It's a tiny and FREE exercise we can do that has a powerful effect... and doesn't require therapy. :D

Yes, my Voice often sounds like my mom... but that's probably cause she acted like a meanie and told me she hated me. :rolleyes: But in all fairness she couldn't distinguish between "herself" and "the voice inside her mind" so she just projected all the nastiness she heard onto me. Most people do that, as a matter of fact. It's kind like being possessed.