Uk Woman Wins Court Case To Have Pit Bull Destroyed

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by The Walking Dickhead, Feb 12, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Not sure how I feel about this.

There are facebook groups with people venomously campaigning to have these dogs banned and effectively removed from the dog gene pool. Ticking time bombs they call them, but are they?

Any dog that's been mistreated can suddenly turn on you, is there any truth to the claims that these dogs are genetically programmed to instinctually attack for no reason?

If they did attack, say me, could I fight one off? I'd like to think so, so long as I didn't get any of my limbs trapped between their jaws. Those little fuckers have quite a set of jaws on them.

But I've known at least three of them in my life, pets of friends and they were the loveliest, sweetest little darlings. Ugly wee bastards, but they all had nice natures. They used to lick my face and curl up on my lap and fall asleep.

I used to roll around the ground playing keep a hold of the stick with four dogs in a squat once, all of which were rescue dogs and one of which was a pit bull and none of them ever turned on me. I had the jaws of the pit bull round parts of my body and it never bit me, we were just playing.

Jack Russels on the other hand are vicious wee bastards, don't put your hand anywhere near those little freaks!

You hear stories about some dogs who never showed any signs of vicious behaviour suddenly attacking and mauling children though, so I don't know...

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Pit bulls are a good breed, the problem is really that idiot humans use them for fighting or abuse them and then if they run away or are given to another person/shelter they're out in the general population after being raised to fight and kill.
    I've known many sweet, loving pitbulls, including stray pits that were obviously used as bait or fighting dogs and they were rehabbed and never had a problem
    I've also been chased by two snarling pit bulls, they ran out of nowhere as I was sitting on my porch and i barely made it inside in time. But i know where those dogs lived and i know how they were treated so its understandable.
    I'm torn on this too. I think its sad because its always going to be the fault of mistreatment by people, not an inherent fault in the breed, and yet we cant really run the risk of letting a pit bull who has shown signs of agression have a chance to attack someone either.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There's a certain kind of owner that chooses a pitbull for the reasons why they've gotten a bad name. This combi of owner and dog always makes me wary. Some of these owners do not really want a vicious fighting machine and get one with ok intentions, then find out they themselves lack discipline and consequent acting so their dog often doesn't listen to them that well. It's a pity but this is how these dogs get a bad name (even in my book). I know when properly trained and with a good owner they can be great dogs and a lot of fun.

4. The Walking Dickhead

There's different breeds of them. I think the ones I've had contact were staffordhires, but there are American and British breeds so not sure which ones.

Some of them really do look scary as fuck, from photos but whether they are dangerous or not? I suppose some of them wil be. I don't think I'd like to be chased by one, even with my probably irrational lack of fear of any dogs.

But if one jumped at me I think owing to the fact they are smaller than me I could (I think) physically restrain one. I don't wish to put that to the test though.

I've gone up to people's dogs they are walking that are rottweilers and patted them. I have no fear of dogs whatsoever, perhaps this is a little niave of me.

I once got drunk and went to a security gate and stuck my hand through and patted two security dogs, they were always barking at me when I went past on the way back from work. One of them bit me and drew blood, not a very hard bite and I let it lick the blood from my hand. I woke up the next morning and thought oh my god that beast could have taken my fucking hand off, or given me rabies...

5. JOABBB

JOABBB Members

I've owned a GSD, a Labrador, a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Currently have a Labrador and a Pit Bull. All of them were rescues.

I had to put the Ridgeback down at 18 months after he attacked my daughter's feet when she rubbed them together. He was extremely smart but not mentally stable. He had shown other signs of mental issues and Ridgebacks are known for for being unpredictable. My Pit is probably the most loving dog I've owned.

Dangerous dogs need to be put down so they can't get loose like mentioned above and harm an innocent person. It was hard to do, I loved the dog but couldn't take any chances.

In my opinion there are no bad breeds but there are mentally unstable dogs and bad/unstable owners.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is anyone else disappointed that this wasn't about the rapper?

7. The Walking Dickhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvMXVHVr72A

8. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Problem dogs are mostly down to dodgy owners.......it's no that different to people really...some look like trouble from a distance but are actually soft as fuck, others are seemingly innocuous but can be super-trouble if they are in any way provoked.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This is always a difficult subject and it is true that most dog attacks are as a result of stupid owners who encourage them to fight. However, their are other problems facing dog owners, one of which is that the more that an owner looks after their dog, the more possessive the dog becomes. Their is frequently a problem when a new child comes along and the dog feels that it is being neglected. The problem is, that with pit bulls, one snap is all that is needed to do the child a lot of harm. With no offence to the dogs, perhaps they should be allowed to die out as family pets.
    Few people realize another problem. Dogs operate on their owners adrenaline level which they can smell instantly. If an owner is concerned about his dog being approached by a child, adrenaline will be released and it is obvious that the dog will interpret this as the child being the threat. It is a catch 22 situation.
    Next time that you see a police dog, look at the handler. He will be 'laid back' and will sometimes look half asleep. Those are the exact requirements for working successfully with the dog. (Our daughter is a London police officer)