`UK HIPPY`,the name should change.

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by ironbutterflydied, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ironbutterflydied

ironbutterflydied Member

Hippies everywhere should make public their dissociation with this UK group on every forum they visit. They do not represent or encourage `hippy` ideals and blatantly obstruct free speech, so their identification with hippies globally should be severed and the name taken away.

I urge you to visit this place and judge for yourselves...try having a debate with the moderator `Atomic`

2. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

There are other forums with HUGE threads about the place, it's been discussed here every so often but Skip's not keen on the topic, so any discussion of it is usually short-lived.

Enjoy your stay here :) It's quieter, but there are some good people here. If you can cope with the smell.

3. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Yes, quite a few of us have had negative experiences of UK Hippy. UK Hippy was originally an offshoot of this forum, Atomik used to post here and I've had many debates with him in the past. He can be quite a nice chap at times, but I don't really feel welcome on the other forum anymore. I hope you'll find the UK Forum on Hipforums to be a more liberal, tolerant place. That said, we're not rival religious sects and I'd like to think neither forum claimed to speak for hippies globally or nationally. This is just a place you can come to to chat, make friends, and get involved in an open, friendly community atmosphere. Hope you enjoy your time here. [​IMG]

4. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Welcome aboard also. :)

5. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

oooh, topics like this always have some sort of lascivious backstory that makes my gossipy ears perk up.

i float now. ok i'll publicly admit it. :tongue: i love this place, and sure it will always be my 'home' on the Internet, but i've met a few good people on the other place as well.

i wouldn't think that either this site or that one, however will say they are the be all, end all, defining hippie forum.
    least i hope not. :eek:

that all being said, welcome aboard, feel free to pull up a beanbag or futon and have a cup of tea. ;)

6. Peace-Phoenix

Are you saying you're a floater :tongue:

7. dapablo

dapablo redefining

I seem to remember warning the young lady about lascivious older men, the day before my removal if correct. :)

8. phoenix_indigo

and no, i'm not a piece of poo, Sal. that's your territory. ;) :lol:

dappy, i still talk to you though. ;) :D

9. lithium

lithium frogboy

If this place really was a hippy forum I think I'd be gone in an instant:tongue: There's a lot more yoghurt weavery, dreamcatchery and mooncuppery at the other place, which is partly why I've never felt comfortable over there... welcome aboard ironbutterfly, I hope you stick around:)

10. dapablo

dapablo redefining

that you do, phwoar :)

11. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

Whats the other place?? never heard of it... hmmmmmm

12. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

13. ripple

ripple Member

A Yoghurt weaver! I had to look that one up, and have found these urban definitions:

A Granola type who bakes cakes for the moon as 'offerings', thinks tofu and tahini are great breakfast choices, and who's idea of style is to wear multiple layers of cheap market clothes made in Cambodia from dried grass and colored using low impact dyes such as menstrual blood and compost bin'discharge'.

Luggage of choice; cane basket
    Favourite Artist; Enya
    Instrument of choice; Harp
    Hobbies; mosaics, macrame, meditation, mime, moon dancing, muesli making and any other earthy pursuit starting with M.

Self-righteous, middle class, pseudo hippy herbal tea drinker. Known to remove the shoes of ordinary folk and trap them in their homes feeding them organic vegan food (usually lentil or chick pea based products) and giving them slathering hugs. Ecover and mooncups are a must.

14. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Sounds about right. :)

15. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Cheers for that mental image. [​IMG]

16. Peace-Phoenix

Hahaha that sounds about right! Like Lithium, I often find all out fluffy hippiedom to be quite tiresome these days. Odd that we should both be moderating something that calls itself a hippy forum, and indeed was, I believe, the first ever forum for British hippies. I suppose it's because I'm much less the woolly, liberal, pot-smoking pacifist that I used to be and am more committedly political, more systematic, more rationally inclined and tend to prefer women without hair on their legs. But he's right and this place is a lot more than just a hippy forum. I'd like to see it more as a broad, progressive, counter-cultural community forum, where people can be free to wear mooncups, sanitary towels or even tampons. That's the Britain I stand for. That's the world I believe in. Ahem....

17. The manticore

The manticore Member

lol

18. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

I have one thing to say..
    What the hell is a mooncup? I'm scared to look it up on google in case I find images that aren't... work friendly. Or sanity friendly. I have an inkling it's a menstrual thing, but I'm not sure.

19. Peace-Phoenix

Mooncups are the hippy alternative to sanitary towels. Nuff said....

20. phoenix_indigo

not to sanitary towels, to tampons. :rolleyes: men :tongue: