UK closer to extradite Assange

Discussion in 'People' started by jagerhans, Dec 10, 2021.

1. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Julian Assange: US authorities win their latest bid to extradite WikiLeaks founder - CNN

So it seems that the UK and the whole western block is not yet done soiling its reputation and showing that in fact democracy in the so called free world is just a façade that can be dismantled at will whenever it's more convenient doing so. Putin's Russia wouldn't have dealt with such an issue in a very different fashion, provided that they don't necessarily murder all the dissidents, very often they just jail them over bullshit charges. And our humane governments also do murder on a daily base as stated in clear words by the Orange man.

I am not talking about the reputation of the USA, that has been dragged away by the cat long ago.

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I mentioned him the other day in conversation. I was surprised that his story was a formidable ingredient of my vernacular. That, and Chelsea Manning both resonate.

My feeling on Julian Assange is there's a spy-burner factor that he isn't really accepting too much responsibility for.

It seems right to require transparency, yes...

But there are responsibilities that go with sensitive information. He still doesn't seem to acknowledge that, or if he does it hasn't been reported adequately.

The media tends to portray him as a villain though, and I think that does damage to our sense of freedom.

3. Focus136

Focus136 Members

Shouldnt extradite him until the yanks let the Brits extradite the woman who killed the boy on the motorbike in England and shot back to the US

Captain Scarlet likes this.