uhmmm, performing arts.....

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Lozi, May 8, 2004.

1. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

performing arts are indeed a thing i wish to research into as i would like to go into them at some stage of my life(as well as learning the organ) i can sing, i know i can act...but i can't for the life of me dance.....

can anyone explain the whole expectations of the performing arts and if you need to be particularly strong in all of them to succeed into a college of some sort?

2. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

hey lozi :)

i am just coming to the end of my final year on a BA Hons Creative Arts degree at Birmingham. They have a similar degree at Nottingham Trent. AT Birmingham the degree title has changed to 'Performing and Visual Arts' (same degree programme).

You study 3 of 4 strands - dance, art (ceramics/textiles/fine art), music and drama. The drama is admittedly more theoretical based though some practical. Also you dont need to be experienced in all subject areas before starting the degree. The first year is about bringing everyone to around the same standard. You jsut need experience in one or two of the strands you choose to study.

Hugz
    Daisylou xx

3. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

thankyou indeed miss daisylou.
    xxx

4. Iago

Iago Member

Watch the film Withnail and I. It summarised my acting experiences quite nicely.