Uh Veggies

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by NatureFreak412, May 25, 2004.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I love nature and everything to do with it and I had a nice big steak for supper yesterday, the only reason is when I was little I somehow lost the taste for vegies, and I havnt liked them since, only a few, but not letuce or tomatoe or anything like that, I would really LOVE to go all vegetarian but I dont know exactly how to get my taste for them. I mean I couldnt live without milk, and I really love the way meat tastes, I just think it would be waaaaay more healthier to eat all vegetables, So what do u think would be a good way to start liking veggies again?

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Eat more of them: Simple really, but very true.
    Eventually your taste buds will adjust. Try vegetables you've never had before, they might well prove suprisingly tasty. Or else go for things like veggie lasagna and other dishes where the vegetable taste is toned down a bit.

There are some 'fake' meats they are so much like meat meat it's disturbing. Maybe you could go for those to help wean you off.

www.cok.net has a great booklet a 'vegetarianism for beginners' if you will. It's well worth checking out.

Good luck :)

TTFN

Sage

PS Don't get too hung up on it. Not all veggies like all vegetables (I personally have major issues with carrot). It's just that [almost] anything is better than meat.