Ugh

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by StellaBlue, May 12, 2004.

1. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Man, it's freakin' HOT and the temperature is only going to rise. The computer room is currently at 87 degrees, and its only 10AM! What the hell man. Oh, and I can't forget the fact that it's going to storm everyday here, until the days no longer end in y.
    </bitching>

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Sorry to hear it, dear heart. I am comfy by my open window in the woods, it's 68 degrees and scheduled to peak at about 80, but there is a lovely breeze. Wish I could send you some!

3. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i hate heat

give me cold over heat anyday!

4. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Ooh, that sounds lovely. I had the window open earlier, but bees always get in, and I am allergic, dern bees!

5. angelgodiva

I hate bees too, but I have screens. It's a good thing, too, because my friend Deb, who lives about 200 yards through the woods, has beehives, so there are plenty here. If the tv was off (I am watching ER), I would be able to hear my apple tree buzzing, it is so filled with bees right now!

6. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Hehe, I usually watch ER on TNT around this time too, but I haven't the past few mornings. EeeP Bee hive! Good thing you have screens, we do too, but mine is bent at the corner so they still get through. I should probably get out there and fix that sometime.

7. turtle

turtle Member

Ugh. Wish you could send some of the heat over. It still is a bit cold here and in fact, there has been snowstorms in Sioux Lookout and in some of the provinces in Canada.

8. angelgodiva

That's funny, because mine is bent at the top and there is a gap, so I am living dangerously. Usually only lets moths in at night, though.
    I was at the bank a week or so ago and there was a huge bumblebee in there--I mean freaking huge, he was the size of a shooter marble. I got a cup and a brochure from one of the tellers and caught him and let him go outside, and received a round of applause for my "heroism." It was funny as hell. Well, funnier than that, I guess...hell probably wouldn't be all that amusing, come to think of it.

9. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

stella....what do you do for a living?

10. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

LOL Angel, was it a carpenter bee? Those things freak me out!

I am disabled scarlettischasingroses, why do you ask? :)

11. angelgodiva

I didn't know you were disabled Stella, I'm sorry. Me too--Lyme disease. I still write an occasional short story or article for a bit of extra money, though. But no more physical work like I used to do. I hate it that I even have to sit on the ground or lie on my stomach even to do a little planting or weeding. Too much joint pain for kneeling/ bending. The memory issues I have make it hard, too. I have notebooks and I write down EVERYTHING.
    Unfortunately, the antibiotics didn't work for me, so my condition is chronic.
    At least I am not as bad off as this other lady in town who has this same disease--she is in a wheelchair.

Oh, and it was a bumblebee.

12. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Oh angel! Lyme disease is rough! I'm sorry to hear that, I vaguely recall you mentioning it before, I'm not quite sure. When did you get it, if I may ask? Do you have flair ups of symptoms or is it all pretty even? A friend of mine, her mother had it, and would have awful flair ups of pain, general sickness, and confusion.

I have extreme anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. I don't leave my home at all, which is why I'm disabled.

13. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i just wondered....cause you said you usually watched er in the morning....

14. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Stellablue, what part of Kentucky do you live?

I live about 20 miles from the Kentucky state line close to Scottsburg, KY. And I have friends that live in London, KY.

15. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Do you know where Ashland is? It's in the Northeast corner of Kentucky, bordering on OH and WV. Right on the Ohio river.

16. olhippie54

I have been in that area before years ago if my memory serves me correctly. Which it rarely does anymore.

17. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Right on, I live in a little town next to Ashland called Flatwoods. If I'm thinking of the right place, Scottsburg is 6 hours from here, in a diagnal line. :D

Man, I miss Tennesee, it's been years since I've been there.

18. olhippie54

Well, make yourself get out of the house and come on down.

19. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Someday.. :)

For now, I sleep. Goodnight/day Hipforum folk.

20. angelgodiva

Goodnight, Stella. Sweet dreams.

In answer to your question, I have had this disease for about five years now, and it's hard, because I used to do a lot of physical work with no pain, and now when I have to split a piece of firewood, it is agonizing...but I have to do things, so I grit my teeth, do them, and then sit down and cry if it was too painful. It's humbling, because I used to feel so invincible. All because of a tick bite, one tick bite out of hundreds!
    The pain is pretty much a constant undercurrent of throbbing, like a toothache in my joints, and for about eight hours a day I am able to damp it down a little with prescription painkillers, but if I take any more of them I will run out before the month is over, so the rest of the time I just have to kind of take the pain. On rainy, damp days or in very cold weather, the pain worsens, and sometimes I can barely type. When you see me typing replies of just a few words, you will know I am having a bad day, which is probably a relief to the forumers who find me long winded, and I know of at least one person who has made that complaint about me! On the bad day, my meds, which are not strong enough, do not help. I nearly got hooked on heroin a couple years ago in an attempt to relieve the pain. It worked beautifully, snort half a bag and no pain for four hours, but I just didn't want to go that route. I've been to prison and did not want to ever go back there--five days was more than enough for me!
    The memory issues suck ass--I go to the store and see someone I know, and if it's someone I don't see often, I have no memory of them and have to ask them who they are. The worst thing that ever happened, and this had me in tears the night it happened, scared out of my mind and on this board... I tried to leave the cabin (we have an odd latch on the door), and I couldn't remember how to open the door! I finally figured it out, but this was something I had been doing for over a decade, several times a day, every day, but I looked at it and could not remember how it worked. That was so frightening. Stuff like that doesn't happen often, but it sure can be awful when it does.
    Oh, here's something cool--my son joined up, and as soon as he has a day he isn't working a double shift, he'll be here to meet everyone. His username is mixtlisdad.