ugh thinking about the future but blah blah blah

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by veroness, Apr 30, 2007.

1. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

ok so first off, i didnt even make it a week with out lying. i seem to have to restart the damn thing every day. maybe if i make the goal shorter and reach it, then i will have more determination to fullfill my week of no lying. anyway i had a very sad week or so it seems. i called my older brother last night to see whats happends after i turn 18 with my mom paying child support. well that goes away but ill still be in high school when im 18. the trouble i run into is a house. now when i turn 18 and my dad doesnt get any money from my mom, he has no reason to have me in the house. my older brother basically said to kiss my dads butt after i turn 18 in order to not be threatened to be kicked out.

besides that i have to find a way to pay for car insurance all by myself on my own plan and pay for gas. i figure this will work if i do this work release program at school where i go to class half the day them work. but my older brother also said that would not be enough money.

other than that, i still have no clue what i want to do after i graduate. i dont really know if i even want to go to college. this is a very hard thing for me to decide and it impacts my future. i also do not wish to take the SAT's but have come to the conclusion i probably should.

what sparked this thread was that my friend got accepted to art school! she has a lower GPA then i do but is one hell of an artist. the thing that bothers me is that i dont really have a talent that could get me far in life or to where i want to go. i was so proud that she got it, i almost stated to cry. it felt awesome knowing that someone who didnt do well in high school could have their future career. i try to explor new things every day and usually like most of them.

i guess im really looking for guidence between everyone here on hip. can i live a decent life without following the path of everyone else?

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

The week without lying thing is tough- I've tried it before and well, I didn't make it but it at least really helps you think about that and see if you do it often and improve on that. I think many, many people could not go a week without lying to themselves.

As for whether you can live a decent life without following everyelse? Yes, of course you can. I mean really the people that enjoy what they do most is the person that listened to their heart and always what they want to do... if you're not sure what you want to do, the best thing very well be taking a year or two or however long to figure out what it is that is what you want and what you feel like you need to do.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Take the SAT, get a good score, take out loans, go to college, graduate, get a fairly good job, tell your dad to piss off, pay off loans... freedom.

4. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

i would want more than anything to take at least two years off and work and travel and experience so many things but my family does not agree with that and do not choose to support me in my decisions. my brother even mocked my vegetarianism!

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You don't really need their support after you turn 18... even though support does help.

Just make sure to take the SAT (and the ACT if you can). It will really be worth it in the long run.

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

What do you mean by not support you in those decisions? What you meant by that would make this in different levels...

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You have an abundance of options:

You could join the Military

You could allow yourself the get knocked-up, forcing your father to rethink his position on throwing you out

You could move in with your boyfriend / Girlfriend

You could wander the earth like Kwai Chang Caine (Kung Fu)

You could take the SAT’s and head to college

Hotwater

8. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

ooo...and apply for the FAFSA (google it) every year before the deadline so when and if you do decide to go to college you won't have to hold off a year due to funding.
    Don't worry about the part of the app. that asks what college you'll be attending, just pick one, you can always change it later...the college you pick wont automatically get your $ or anything.

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Dude. Option number two is too funny.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Option number four was supposed to be the funny one [​IMG]

Hotwater

11. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I've done all but #1

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah like number two wasn't just funny.

13. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

option number 4 is the only serious one i see on the list, for me at least.

ill take you with me vero